Solar inverter need help with EAST / WEST facing string on a single inverter...

Chan
Chan Registered Users Posts: 45 ✭✭
I have this inverter where in i have 2 strings each facing east and the other is west,

the problems I see as of now is that the inverter will get both AMPeres and balance everything out, this makes the output smaller than expected, as I check the manual of the said inverter, it has a 2 mppt, based on the SOLAX website "| http://www.solaxpower.com/en/x1-boost-3/   "

eg, 1 string will have 2.5kw while the 1 string has a 1.5kw, this will bring down the amp of the said inverter down...

Is this normal for all inverter to balance the ?

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    It will be lower, but over a greater time span. For a grid tied system, East and west facing arrays have no advantage that I can see. 

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Chan
    the problem im seeing right now is that the inverter is trying to balance amp and the spec is that its a dual mppt... probably some setting is needed....
  • Raj174
    Raj174 Solar Expert Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    There is a string sizing tool on the website, See if your configuration is valid. You need to make an account and login.

http://design.solaxcn.com:6180/design/
    4480W PV, MNE175DR-TR, MN Classic 150, Outback Radian GS4048A, Mate3, 51.2V 360AH nominal LiFePO4, Kohler Pro 5.2E genset.
  • Chan
    yup.. everything is in order actually... 
  • Chan
    anyway. im trying to get hold on their customer service.... 
  • Raj174
    Raj174 Solar Expert Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭
    Probably a good move. I am not familiar with it, and have only heard of one other in Australia.

4480W PV, MNE175DR-TR, MN Classic 150, Outback Radian GS4048A, Mate3, 51.2V 360AH nominal LiFePO4, Kohler Pro 5.2E genset.