Conext 6848 running on 6048 firmware

Tumi
Tumi Registered Users Posts: 25 ✭✭
Hello, I'm new to solar, here some back ground to my question.

Last May we had a Conext 6848 installed with a 330AH AGM battery bank, We used the batteries for peak load shaving during TOU while we looked at another company for the Solar panels.

We just got commissioned last week with a 3.8KW, 14 panel system, with the Conext 80 600 MPPT.

The installer who installed the 6848 and battery bank flashed the 6848 firmware to that of a 6048 (Latest firmware for the 6048),
When I asked them about this they told me since I was using the inverter for back up power with no solar.

They flashed it to a 6048, they explained that they had battery charging issues with the 6848 in this setup (Battery backup with no Solar) at other sites using the similar setup with the 6848, to avoid the battery charging problems they flashed it to a 6048, which they claimed that a schneider tech had told them had a a much better charging algorithm anyways.

Since being commissioned its been working wonderfully, as they old saying goes "Don't fix it if it aint broken"

Now that we have Solar, I'm wondering if I should have them flash it back to a 6848 firmware?
Are we missing out on any special features that the 6848 has over the 6048?
Will we get more our of our current setup having it flashed back over?
Tagged:

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Tumi,

You only need to post your question(s) in one thread/discussion. We are a small board and everyone pretty much can read everything.

I do not have anything to say about your question--Other than calling Schneider support directly usually gives good results.

We do have a few folks here that may have more details--But give them a day to read/post. One of them in in the middle of the fires in the California Sierra's.

-Bill "moderator" B.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • littleharbor2
    littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭✭✭
    He was online this morning. Hope everything's well at his place.

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

• Tumi
    BB. said:
    Tumi,

You only need to post your question(s) in one thread/discussion. We are a small board and everyone pretty much can read everything.

I do not have anything to say about your question--Other than calling Schneider support directly usually gives good results.

We do have a few folks here that may have more details--But give them a day to read/post. One of them in in the middle of the fires in the California Sierra's.

-Bill "moderator" B.
    Oh ok! I'm new to the forum

Ok, Ill try that, thank you!
  • Tumi
    Update from Schnieder

You don't miss any features with the 6848 having 6048 firmware.

Are you doing any AC-Coupling? They just tweak some Advanced Features regarding AC-Coupling in the 6848