System specs in Signature Line

Options
kansas
kansas Solar Expert Posts: 100 ✭✭
I haven't been on the forum in quite a while.  The new format looks good but I miss the way the old forum user's name included the specifics of that member's solar system.  Saved a lot of time asking for and giving basic information for each discussion.  Am I missing something or is that feature gone? Love the forum in any case.
Two 140 watt Kyocera panels, wired in parallel; Ironridge top of pole mount; two 6 volt, 242 AH US batteries, wired in series; Morningstar ProStar 30 charge controller and SureSine 300 inverter; Trimetric 2025-A meter; IOTA DLS-45 charger, Honda EG3500X generator; Aermotor 702 water pumping windmill.

Comments

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

Hi Kansas,  Welcome back ...

If you are Logged into the site,  at the top,  extreme right of the main page,   and sub-pages,  there is a small black gear looking thing  ...  click that for "Account Options",   then on the right of the page,   there should be an "Edit Profile,  or Profile settings",   click that    and on the right of the screen should be Signature settings,   or Edit Signature,   or similar ...   kina forget.

Hope this gets you started,   Vic

Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • nickdearing88
    nickdearing88 Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Options
    kansas said:
    I haven't been on the forum in quite a while.  The new format looks good but I miss the way the old forum user's name included the specifics of that member's solar system.  Saved a lot of time asking for and giving basic information for each discussion.  Am I missing something or is that feature gone? Love the forum in any case.
    If you edit your profile, there is a "Signature" setting. That's were most users give details about their systems. You will see mine below this message.
    Current system: 8-100w Renogy panels mono/poly, 2 strings of 4 panels in series - 24v 100Ah AGM Battleborn LiFePO4 batteries - Morningstar MPPT40 CC - 1500W Samlex PSW inverter
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options
    Here is a direct link to Signature Line:

http://forum.solar-electric.com/profile/signature

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The signature line isn't showing for me (mobile version on android). Is the a display option somewhere?
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • kansas
    kansas Solar Expert Posts: 100 ✭✭
    Options
    Thanks.  I looked at the signature settings and didn't see my old signature information.  It's been awhile since I installed my system and I've forgotten some of the specifics.  Since the old information is gone I'll update the next time I post.
    Two 140 watt Kyocera panels, wired in parallel; Ironridge top of pole mount; two 6 volt, 242 AH US batteries, wired in series; Morningstar ProStar 30 charge controller and SureSine 300 inverter; Trimetric 2025-A meter; IOTA DLS-45 charger, Honda EG3500X generator; Aermotor 702 water pumping windmill.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options
    I don't know of any way to display signature when viewing mobile, other than view full forum link at the bottom page.

On my 8 inch or so tablet, the forum defaults to the desktop version,  for me.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok - good to know. I'll switch to desktop view to see sigs when needed or borrow the boss's Ipad.

Thanks
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • Solray
    Solray Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    Options
    The site code can do a conditional redirect based on whatever criteria is stipulated such as a recognized mobile device, a screen resolution of xxx by xxx, or other collected data to as many versions of the site as the creator builds. I normally do a desktop version, a smartphone version and a tablet version. Some builders only do 2 versions though if they don't want to support more.