Compatibility of Inverter and charge controller

Gilbert
Gilbert Registered Users Posts: 4
Does SMA Sunny Boy TL-US’ 1,500 watt inverter with SPS compatible with SolarWind Hybrid 1000W RX Charge Controller? I plan a hybrid wind/solar system. It consists of Windsolar to hybrid charge controller with battery and dumpload terminals and connect it to SMA inverter.

Comments

• mvas
    mvas Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭✭
    Gilbert said:
    Does SMA Sunny Boy TL-US’ 1,500 watt inverter with SPS compatible with SolarWind Hybrid 1000W RX Charge Controller? I plan a hybrid wind/solar system. It consists of Windsolar to hybrid charge controller with battery and dumpload terminals and connect it to SMA inverter.
    I thought, a Sunny Boy was a PV to AC Grid Inverter ?
    There is no battery connection on a Sunny Boy.
    Either you connect the Solar Panels to the Sunny Boy OR you connect the Solar Panels to the Rx Charge controller.

I do not understand this statement ...
    "... Windsolar to hybrid charge controller with battery and dumpload terminals and connect it to SMA inverter ..."

If the Rx Controller supports both Solar Panels and Wind Turbine then WHY do need a Sunny Boy?
    Are you gong to use a Sunny Island ( not a Sunny Boy ) for a Micro-Grid?

Can you draw a diagram of your idea?
  • bill von novak
    bill von novak Solar Expert Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    Gilbert said:
    Does SMA Sunny Boy TL-US’ 1,500 watt inverter with SPS compatible with SolarWind Hybrid 1000W RX Charge Controller?
    No.  The TL-US is a grid tie inverter, not a battery based inverter.
  • Gilbert
    mvas, I want to use sunny boy with sps parallel to other grid tie inverter which shudown during blackout (Island protection protocol) so I still have power. I suppose not to use battery due to high cost. But anyway, I will close the issue of using sunny boy. Instead use battery incase both wind and solar failed.
  • Gilbert
    Thanks for the info Bill.