Someone please stop me!

littleharbor2
littleharbor2 Solar Expert Posts: 2,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
I'd like to ask members of this forum a favor. If I ever begin to comment on every topic on the board, regardless of the value of my comments. If I ever seem to comment just for the sake of arguing, or starting an argument. If I ever begin to continually question others advice, second guess them or  flat out tell them they are wrong because in my mind my way is best. Please, please, somebody stop me because I find it very annoying and wouldn't want any of my respected fellow members here on this forum to have to put up with it. I can take a hint.

Thanks, Littleharbor2

2.1 Kw Suntech 175 mono, Classic 200, Trace SW 4024 ( 15 years old  but brand new out of sealed factory box Jan. 2015), Bogart Tri-metric,  460 Ah. 24 volt LiFePo4 battery bank. Plenty of Baja Sea of Cortez sunshine.

Comments

• Marc Kurth
    Marc Kurth Solar Expert Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2017 #2
    I knew I liked you, but now you have been elevated even further. I think that it's time for me to move on.
    I always have more questions than answers. That's the nature of life.
  • Solray
    Solray Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    edited July 2017 #3
  • Marc Kurth
    You just made my point for me.

Hopefully Bill will leave this thread active long enough for good folks to POLITELY explain what the problem is. That might help you.

• Marc Kurth
    Well, now I see that you changed your post as you like to do.
    You posted that you would be "Happy to help me leave" - then you pulled your classic 180 degree turn.

I will politely back out of this conversation and let you play your games - in a place that most of do take seriously.

Marc
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The virus has mutated, I'm pretty sure of that, I've used all the antibiotics at my disposal, perhaps someone else has some available, they would need to be pretty strong as the mutation is not responding to the common  over the counter types.
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • nickdearing88
    nickdearing88 Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    Honesty, while difficult, it's best just to ignore them (or the specific post). This behavior is usually seeking attention, be it positive or negative.

That being said, I have so enjoyed my time (many, many hours) spent on this forum since I've joined. I've learned so much and discovered there's so much more to learn! I appreciate all the "useful" posts, not so much the ones described above.
    Current system: 8-100w Renogy panels mono/poly, 2 strings of 4 panels in series - 24v 100Ah AGM Battleborn LiFePO4 batteries - Morningstar MPPT40 CC - 1500W Samlex PSW inverter
  • mmaritz
    mmaritz Registered Users Posts: 15 ✭✭
    I knew I liked you, but now you have been elevated even further. I think that it's time for me to move on.
    That's my challenge as well Marc.  I have searched far and wide for an excellent forum for Solar specifically and this is the best I have found.  By far.  It covers all issues and forumites are largely very well informed and knowledgeable.  Took me time to get here and I don't want to move on :)
    • Main: Infinisolar 3+ (3kv) 48V Grid-Tied PV=3410w NE facing (8x 330W JASolar, 3x 310W Yingli), + Victron MPPT 150/60 @1240w SW facing (2x 310W Renesola, 2x 330W JASolar), Pylontech US3000, Victron BMV 700, 6 string combiner box with PV isolator switch, subDB for inverter supplied power.
    • Draadkar: Axpert 800w, 24V, 8x 12V - 105ah Leisure Batteries 400ah, PV=480 (2x 240W ElChepo), Victron BMV 702 for laptop, relays backup.
    • ICC for management, automated switch over and monitoring, pushing data to EmonCMS and PVOutput.org (Aloe Ridge Farm).
    • Weather from personal weather station using Weather Display.