Anyone have Schematics for Apollo Solar TSW4048?

Docted
Docted Registered Users Posts: 8 ✭✭
I have a TSW4048 that just keeps cycling (5 second delay) and goes on for a split second and repeats.  Found 2 bad MOSFETS (obvious damage) but I need schematics to trouble shoot further.  Have been unsuccessful in reaching Apollo Solar for help.  Can anyone here help??
Thanks!

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    They are out of business. One of my solar wrench buds knows a few things, I will try and get what he has during business next week.
    no guarantee!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• Docted
    Much appreciated Dave!!
  • Dave Angelini
    This is what I found, sorry.
     On 6/2/2017 1:35 PM, Tom Duffy wrote:
    > >> A year or so ago I tried in vain to get anywhere with Apollo and I know
    > >> Daniel and John personally... didn't help... I fear it's a dead end.
    > >>
    > >> Kind regards
    > >>
    > >> Tom Duffy
    > >> Senior Solar Design Engineer

• Docted
    Thanks!  Any idea what would be a good inexpensive  :) replacement?
  • Dave Angelini
    edited July 2017 #6
    Probably the most in-expensive inverter/charger with all of the comms is the Schneider CSW 4048. 

• Docted
    Thanks Dave, I will check it out! B)
  • Dave Angelini
    edited July 2017 #8
    I could be wrong but I think it is the only Inverter/charger that is 240/120 split phase that can run from a 120 or 240vac generator, has web based monitoring, and a 2 year warranty. Its data looks similar to the screen shot below and you can see your system anywhere there Internet. It also will be compatible with the Conext Bridge that will interface with the new Li-ion technology. Testing that now !
    Outback has a very nice offering Skybox soon, but not until early 2018. Below is a 24V XW and has the same data capability as the CSW 4048.
    not yet

• Docted
    Really don't utilize the web monitoring.  Any inverters just 240 volt, 4K, 48V?
  • Dave Angelini
    edited July 2017 #10
    The CSW 4048 is available either split phase or 230vac  only. They have them in the store here and I can get them also if you e-mail.

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docted said:
    Really don't utilize the web monitoring.  Any inverters just 240 volt, 4K, 48V?
    Dave was originally pointing you to the sw4048 Schnieider, it's 3400 watt continuous and 4000 watt for 30 minutes. Should be good for most solar install as the Appollo. (pretty large system that will want to run 4000 watts continuous!)
    https://www.solar-electric.com/schneider-electric-sw-conext-inverter-4048-120.html
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Dave Angelini
    edited July 2017 #12

• Docted
    You guys are the best!  Very helpful! B)
  • Docted
    Hey Dave, ever work in NJ??
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sorry for giving the wrong specs, I was just copying them from NAWS web site!
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Dave Angelini
    Docted said:
    Hey Dave, ever work in NJ??

Close to New Jersey.  I mainly help homeowners in new construction get a successful offgrid power system along with all the other things listed on my webpage. I do this by text or e-mail but it is a "Kings ransom" for me to travel  :)  Kauai Hawaii is a discount though...

• Docted
    My wife was a partner in a business in NJ that did solar work and your name was the same/similar to an electrician they used. 
  • Solray
    Solray Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭✭
    It's a fairly common name. :)