New forum software is live (2) - report any errors, bugs, or issues here.

2»

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    That bookmark is the same link for both desktop and mobile themes.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Nila
    Nila Solar Expert Posts: 173 ✭✭
    Hi Guys, Looks great do you use the community version of vanila forums or do you use the hosted version ( looked a bit expensive ).

If you ever need any help with consulting on the hosting side of things feel free to ask, this is something where I can give back something instead of always being the sponge lol.

• BB.
    As I understand, we are using the version of Vanilla hosted/maintained by Vanilla.

NAWS used VBB in the past, and had a hosting service to run the hardware/OS.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Lumisol
    Lumisol Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    I use this on a few of the forums I created for clients...

https://xenforo.com/
  • Nila
    Nila Solar Expert Posts: 173 ✭✭
    Ok I have an issue, I see randomly the HTML code being displayed and it goes away on refresh.

May be its a temp glitch but I have seen it many times in last few hours.
  • BB.
    Is this desktop or mobile site?

I have not seen any problems yet.

- Bill
  • mcgivor
    mcgivor Solar Expert Posts: 3,854 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    {asset name="Head"}

{module name="MeModule"}

{logo}

Store{categories_link} {discussions_link} {activity_link} {custom_menu}

{searchbox}

{breadcrumbs}

{asset name="Content"}{asset name="Panel"}

{t c="Copyright"} © {$smarty.now|date:"%Y"} {logo}. {t c="All rights reserved"}.

Powered by Vanilla

{asset name="Foot"} {event name="AfterBody"}

This often appears when clicking on a post, device used Samsung tablet, Tab S
    1500W, 6× Schutten 250W Poly panels , Schneider MPPT 60 150 CC, Schneider SW 2524 inverter, 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Battery Bodyguard BMS 
    Second system 1890W  3 × 300W No name brand poly, 3×330 Sunsolar Poly panels, Morningstar TS 60 PWM controller, no name 2000W inverter 400Ah LFP 24V nominal battery with Daly BMS, used for water pumping and day time air conditioning.  
    5Kw Yanmar clone single cylinder air cooled diesel generator for rare emergency charging and welding.
  • BB.
    edited June 2017 #39
    For this thread, on android phone samsun s7 Firefox, I got

{asset name="Head"}
    {module name="SiteNavModule" cssClass="nav"}
    {if InSection("Discussion")} {foreach from=$Breadcrumbs item=crumb name=breadcrumbs} {if $smarty.foreach.breadcrumbs.last} {/if} {/foreach} {else} {/if} {mobile_logo}
    {asset name="Content"}
    {asset name="Foot"}
    {include file="partials/_tabbar.tpl"}

I will report.

- Bill
  • BB.
    Ok, I have had the "failure to load/display content" on both a mobile and desktop systems. And I have reported it to Vanilla support.

I don't think I need any more examples at this time.

-Bill
  • BB.
    Vanilla thinks they found the problem and have deployed the fix.

Please post here if you get any more random page load fails.

Sincerely,
    -Bill
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

Was looking for the Member List ...   had used it some months ago,   but cannot find it now ...

DID Search for '  member list  '   and did find a reference to it,   saying that it is under "Quick Links",   but have been unable to find that,   even after searching on that term.

This Forum software seems to adore meaningless (to me Icons),  so perhaps those Links are hidden behind some seemingly innocuous looking thingie ??

Yea,   bet I am just blind to it ...   TIA,   Whiny Vic

Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • Lumisol
    Lumisol Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    Vic said:

Was looking for the Member List ...   had used it some months ago,   but cannot find it now ...

DID Search for '  member list  '   and did find a reference to it,   saying that it is under "Quick Links",   but have been unable to find that,   even after searching on that term.

This Forum software seems to adore meaningless (to me Icons),  so perhaps those Links are hidden behind some seemingly innocuous looking thingie ??

Yea,   bet I am just blind to it ...   TIA,   Whiny Vic

It's pretty outdated actually, they keep trying to make it look new, but the code is still very old underneath.
  • BB.
    Vic, I have to download the list (admin function).

Drop me a private message and let me know what you are looking for.

- Bill
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭

Hi Bill,

No problem,   there was someone who posted on another site,  who I had felt was a member here.   and had asked a similar question here (perhaps).  If I could have found that info,  it might have affected the reply there ...   if I had already replied to that person here ...

No big deal.   Not really important in this instance ...   having a Member Roster is not a bad idea,   but not really essential.

Do not need that info  now.   Thanks,   Vic

Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • 99999Macaw99999
    99999Macaw99999 Registered Users Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Is it possible for me to regain my old username "Macaw" which is "in use" but it is not in use by me anymore.  Or is Macaw not an acceptable username, I'm not sure.  Thanks
  • BB.
    This is your posts?

http://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/13107/fronius-software-learning-curve-pain#latest

And your old email address was ag....@gold....com?

If so, i can update to your new email address and temp password.

-Bill
  • 99999Macaw99999
    99999Macaw99999 Registered Users Posts: 10 ✭✭
    Hello Bill yes that was me and if you can update my email address then I would be grateful.  Also if you could delete this temporary username and replace it with my original username then that would bump up my happiness level another notch!  haha Thanks.  I'll reciprocate by updating my user profile with location and any other valuable info.
  • BB.
    ApollineMorin,

What sort of access problem are you having? You are posting--So, you basic account is properly set up. You have not confirmed your email address yet. Did you get the request to confirm your email address? If not, I can have the system resend it.

Also, you can send me a private message here with your email address... s****m*****@outlook.fr and I can check your email address.

https://forum.solar-electric.com/messages/add/bb.

The only "limits" we have is for new posters that have is for new posters with less than 5 posts... If you have a bunch of links or other "strange" things about your post(s), they may end up in in review for a moderator to approve (I don't see any of your posts in moderation).

-Bill