EPsolar "Solar Station Monitor" software compatibility with XP

jbgarrett911
jbgarrett911 Registered Users Posts: 1
Installed my first system.  EPsolar Tracer 3210A, HighTec 165 watt panel, with 244 Ah battery (2 x 12V 122Ah batteries).  It's working correctly.  Have installed the "Solar Station Monitor" software on a Windows 10 desktop, an android device, and Windows XP laptop. 

Laptop displays .NET error, "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application""Selected collating sequence not supported by the operating system".

EPsolar includes a .NET update on their download page, it just doesn't correct the issue I'm seeing on this machine. 

Emailed EPsolar and was told it will work with Windows XP.

I found a YouTube video where the individual said he didn't think it was compatible with XP.

Hoping someone on this forum may know how to solve my compatibility issue.

Comments

• Lumisol
    Lumisol Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    What version of XP are you running? SP1, SP2? First thing is to make sure your XP is fully updated.
    I am not sure if the update site is still even running for xp to be honest.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,433 admin
    I believe the windows X.P. update site is still working. I have just new installed a bunch of old Dell computers and the updates worked fine.

- Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Lumisol
    Ok. Then the site itself is just no longer being updated for newer drivers and security features. It's a good practice to stay away from the Internet with a system running outdated security though since the virus makers are still actively updating their work. :)
  • Estragon
    Estragon Registered Users Posts: 4,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    OTOH, old OSs have been around long enough for the exploits to have been discovered and patched. Apparently there is still OS2 support out there. IIRC OS2 was used in ATMs for a long while.
    Off-grid.  
    Main daytime system ~4kw panels into 2xMNClassic150 370ah 48v bank 2xOutback 3548 inverter 120v + 240v autotransformer
    Night system ~1kw panels into 1xMNClassic150 700ah 12v bank morningstar 300w inverter
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,433 admin
    The ransom ware exploit, as I understand, Microsoft recently fixed the hole, but is only supplying the fix to customers (companies) paying for legacy support.

- Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Lumisol
    Yes, unfortunately exploiters never sleep. New ones come out daily.