Enphase Data Access

123457»

Comments

• Tilendor
    Tilendor Registered Users Posts: 5 ✭✭
    Awesome.  Glad I could help!
  • southfork
    southfork Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭
    I have enlighten.enphaseenergy.com, Set up by my installer with Netgear router real time / hourly / weekly / monthly / year to date and they email a report each month easy way to keep track of energy production .
     24 solar world 285 watt panels with 24 Enphase 250 s ground mount grid tied .                                                                
  • colinmcc
    colinmcc Registered Users Posts: 3
    Does anyone here know how to get at the admin pages of an envoy if the user/password isn't known? I recently bought an envoy on ebay, the seller said it was 'new' and certainly when plugged in it showed zero as life time power and no inverters stored so hadn't been in use, BUT when I try to log into the admin interface with admin/admin which should be the default/factory pair it won't accept that.

I contacted enphase who replied that since I am not an official installer I should email noinstaller@enphase.com which I did over a month ago, but so far have had no reply.  I'm up in Canada and need to set the grid profile of my M215IG inverters, purchased in the USA to the Canadian Grid profile rather than the default USA one.

Thanks!
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    edited August 2017 #185
    Hmmm... Sandeen is probably correct and I should not distribute the Envoy Root Password algorithm through the forum. I have hidden the posts for now.

Any comments one way or the other if having an Envoy Root Password is damaging to user network security (or Envoy operations) or not?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • sandeen
    sandeen Solar Expert Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    edited August 2017 #186
    My first concern would be all the public-facing envoys people have put online.  Whether or not access to those machines puts their internal network at risk would depend on how they've configured their network ... it certainly opens the Envoy itself up to malicious attacks.  And any time you give hackers an opportunity for a toehold there's risk (see for example the webcam debacle...).  Envoys are probably a small enough attack surface that it's not worth the trouble, but who knows.
    I've never understood why Enphase didn't just use a public/private keypair to secure these devices.
  • BB.
    Yea... It looks like the Envoy units advertise their serial number on the unsecured web page to anyone that knows their IP address (and does not have behind a router with security).

Not a good thing to have in the wild.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • sandeen
    sandeen Solar Expert Posts: 48 ✭✭✭
    BB. said:
    Yea... It looks like the Envoy units advertise their serial number on the unsecured web page to anyone that knows their IP address (and does not have behind a router with security).

Not a good thing to have in the wild.

-Bill
    Oh, right - I forgot to point that part out.  :)  OTOH, putting a device like this directly on the internet shows a fairly willful disregard for best security practices, so maybe they deserve what they get?  ;)
  • BB.
    No--Customers do not deserve what they get... However, companies that have such little concern for their customers... :#

-Bill
  • drees
    drees Solar Expert Posts: 482 ✭✭✭
    On a separate topic, any other Enphase owners notice that Enphase stopped making available 5-minute interval data and now only has 15-minute interval data? The funny thing is that instead of having you download 15-min data, they give you the same data 3 times every 15 minutes.
  • mspohr
    mspohr Registered Users Posts: 0
    Thanks for these instructions on how to get signed up for the EnlightenManager! I have been wanting per panel data for a long time. I added 9 panels to my original 16 panel system and I can see them all now. (They don't show up on the panel map since I haven't figured out how to add a new map for these new panels but at least I can see the individual panel data.)
    BTW, I noticed the switch to 15 minute intervals (same value for three 5 minute intervals) giving the graph a "stairstep" appearance started a few months ago. Lately it has switched to a "sawtooth" pattern with same value for two 5 minute intervals then a drop down to some random lower value before jumping back up for the next intervals.

• aniljcb
    aniljcb Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited October 2017 #192
    Thank you djr114 for instructions on how to get the enlighten manager access. I was able to get it and it is awesome! for a data nerd like me.

One issue I am seeing is in the graph tab. I used see a lot of details like DC Current, DC Voltage, AC Voltage, AC Frequency and Temperature. But I cant see those anymore, I only see only power.
    Any idea why? or how to re- enable it?

-Update: Resolved: Found out that this level of details will show up only where you select a panel/microinverter. When the drop down selection is full system it will show only power.
  • lvb
    lvb Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited November 2018 #193
    djr114 said:
    Thank you SO much for this Tilendor, this finally gave me what I've wanted for years now, namely the ability to easily see individual panel data.

Specifically I mean (most of your post removed for brevity but nothing changed otherwise):
    Tilendor said:
    My installers finished up, but it they didn't have the login ready for me just yet.  So I registered at the Enlighten website as a "Self-Installer".

(Side-note: When the installers granted me access to myEnlighten, I was able to grant my "Self-Installer" account access.  This lets me see my system using the "Enlighten Manager"  which has much more detail, including per-panel values and history.)

Just to give a little bit more detail in case anyone else wants to be able to see their individual panel data on the enlighten website, do the following:
    1. Make sure you already have access to https://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com as a normal user (you should see your system and history and such).  Sorry, I can'r remember the steps for this, it was something my installer helped me with and it was couple of years ago.  (Once you log on here, you should see "MyEnlighten" at the very top left of the web page")
    2. Go to https://enlighten.enphaseenergy.com, log out if you're already logged in, and click the "Sign up for Enlighten" link on the logon page.
    3. Select the "I am a do-it-yourselfer installing Enphase products on my own home or business" and complete the new user registration form with a different email address than you use for your main Enlighten account (note if you use gmail you can add something like "+enlighten" after your username and it will count as a different ID but you'll still receive the emails.  Like username+enlighten@gmail.com where username@gmail.com is your normal gmail address).
    4. Go to your email inbox and click the Activate Your Account now link in the new Welcome to Enphase Energy's Enlighten email you received.
    5. Log on to your "do-it-yourselfer" account on Enlighten and make sure that works (no data here yet).  Note that this account should show "EnlightenManager" at the top left of the web page instead of "MyEnlighten" like your normal account shows.  When done logoff.
    6. Log on to your original account on Enlighten (top left should say :MyEnlighten") and on the right side of the menu bar click the drowp-down for the menu ("Signed in as...") and choose settings.  Sroll down to the "User Access Settings" section and click the "Give another user access" link.  Enter the email you used for your "do-it-yourselfer" account and click send invitation.  For me I immediately got a message that the other user was added.  Log off.
    7. Log on to Enlighten with your "do-it-yourselfer" account.  You should now see your system there with PER PANNEL information going all the way back to the install date of the system.  You can see per panel energy (watt hours) over any date range and you can even see animated power (watt) for each panel over a given day or week.
    Thanks again to Tilendor, I had been wanting to get per panel information ever since my system was installed more than 2 years ago and now I can do so for free and very simply.

Hi

I followed your step, and got to step 6, and it gave me an error when I tried to grant access to my own "self installer" account. The error says "The user cannot be granted access to this system. This system has a maintainer on record."

Update: 
    I found a work around. I think Enphase knows about the steps above to get access to Enlighten Manager, so they fixed it. However, I found a glitch in their fix.
    So I reverted step 6 first (adding a new user to your system). Then go back and do step 1 to 5. Then step 7, when i log into the new account. I now have Enlighten Manager. :)

Hope this will help other fellas.

Thanks
  • Tilendor
    I just played around with this a bit.  It looks like they changed something.  In the list of users who have access to your account does it list the company that installed the system?  I wonder if removing them would allow adding yourself.  Not sure if this would make the installer grumpy
  • lvb
    lvb Registered Users Posts: 2
    edited November 2018 #195
    Tilendor said:
    I just played around with this a bit.  It looks like they changed something.  In the list of users who have access to your account does it list the company that installed the system?  I wonder if removing them would allow adding yourself.  Not sure if this would make the installer grumpy
    Hi Tilendor

Yes, it does list the Installer as the user on there, but if you follow the modified steps below, you still can add without removing the Installer.

So basically, the modified steps are:
    1) Login as your normal user (Enlighten account), and add/grant access to a new user (enter new email, for example  zzz@gmail.com).
    2) go to enphase website, sign up new account as Self-Installer with zzz@gmail.com
    3) login to your zzz@gmail.com account, you should see 2 emails
        a. the invitation from step 1 (enlighten account)
        b. the activation email from step 2  (enlighten manager account)
       >> make sure you click on the link in (b), to set a new password for your zzz@gmail.com enlighten manager account.
    4) Login to Enphase w/ zzz@gmail.com and your password choosen in step 4. You should see "Enlighten Manager" on top Left.
    5) Click on the link in email (step 3a). That would grant your enlighten manager account access to your original account.
    6) Now your Enlighten Manager account have access to your system :)

So basically, in my opinion, the email in step 3a, is a private key that was generated by Enphase which would grant access to the Envoy system.
  • Tilendor
    Thats pretty clever.  If you try to add a Self-Installer that has already been created, it has already been marked as a 'Maintainer' type of account, and there is a check when inviting someone to not allow inviting more than one maintainer.

However when you send an invite to a non-signed up account, the account doesn't exist so its not marked as a 'Maintainer', so it happily sends the invitation.  Once you register as a Self-Installer you are then marked as a 'maintainer', but you had already been granted access previously.  They only check that status when sending the invitation.

Good find!
  • voxelman
    voxelman Registered Users Posts: 1
    IVB, this is brilliant and so relevant to my current project. Thank you.
    11 kw grid tied net zero residential system with 44 - 250 watt panels, Enphase M215 micro-inverters installed 2012
    4.14 kw work in progress experimental system with 12 - 345 watt panels, Enphase IQ7 micro-inverters
  • Intrench
    Intrench Registered Users Posts: 1
    I ran the brute force and it came back with username = root and password is toor. ;) Surprise, surprise!
  • galois
    galois Registered Users Posts: 1
    This is a great, decade long thread.  I just got my solar installation, and I wonder if anyone can answer my questions at bottom? 

I have the Envoy-S Metering, running software version R4.10.35.  After seeing the Enphase privacy policy, I disconnected the cell modem to stop if from uploading to them.  

Instead, I configured the Wi-Fi and set the router to block the upload.  On my LAN, I have direct access to several useful web pages on the Envoy:

http://<ip>/home -- basic production information

http://<ip>/production.json -- More details on aggregate production and consumption, in JSON format. 

http://<ip>/api/v1/production/inverters -- Requires username "envoy", password is serial number.  Shows panel level data in JSON format.

http://<ip>/installer/setup/home -- Requires username "installer", password dependent on serial number.  Enables installer level configuration, including setting up microinverters, Wi-Fi/Cell/ethernet, and switching between 5 minute and 15 minute reporting increments.

These pages give me access to everything I need to know to collect and display data.  I can use cron to fetch the data with curl and store it data in a database which I can access to generate plots and reports.

My questions are:

1.  Has anyone gotten ssh access on a recent Envoy-S?  If I had ssh access, I may be able to simply copy the internal Envoy-S SQLite database once a day, or even once a month, instead of running a cron job to fetch data every five minutes from an external device that has to be on all the time.  nmap reports port 22 is filtered (but not closed), and when I try to ssh, I get no response.  sshd might be firewalled or disabled.

2.  Has anyone successfully locally recorded data through the Envoy's http upload process?  The idea, suggested earlier in this thread, is to direct traffic intended for reports.enphaseenergy.com to a local server (either through DNS setup or maybe a router config).  This would enable me, again, to connect sporadically and get all of the data recorded in the Envoy's SQLite database.  And what response is needed to flush the Envoy-S database so I don't download a larger and larger file each day?
  • Charles2022
    Charles2022 Registered Users Posts: 1
    Very useful information!  Thank you!