Blocking Diodes for multiple CC?

pacog
pacog Registered Users Posts: 18 ✭✭
Hey guys getting the final setup done on my system. In the owners manual for the Classic it Says" When two or more Classic are paralled on one SINGLE DC source a blocking diode must be used between each classic and the input source to isolate each classic from the other ones."

What diodes do i need? And Where to get them?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    What will be your DC source?  --vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • pacog
    PV panels. I think i was just reading into it wrong? I was thinking they were talking about the connections going to the battery Bank. But those would be considered an output correct? Plus I did a search and found a few older threads with similar questions.
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    edited August 2016 #4
    When you have enough panels to need two controllers, divide the panels into two arrays.  Each controller will have its own array.  Each of the controller outputs needs its own circuit breaker, and then the outputs can be combined on their way to the battery.  No diodes needed.

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • pacog
    Thanks, vtMaps. That's the way things are configured.
  • pacog
    @vtmaps, or others. got the controllers up and running. Classic 150 and classic lite 200 in follow me mode. The 150 is in absorb mode while the 200 is still in bulk mode. Is this normal? Thanks in advance for your help.