My first solar project

andersondiaz
andersondiaz Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭
Good morning,

I've already started my small plant and wanted to share a photo taken of the peak of the day. yesterday was a full day with clouds and production has been achieved was through the holes in the clouds.

before yesterday was less cloudy and I got a 12kw.

so far I've only connected directly to the grid without any protection, so any suggestions are welcome

Attachment not found.

if you want you can see the data online:
http://microreplusweb.renesola.com/en-US/Account/Login

user: anderson_diaz@hotmail.com
password: qwerty

system data:

10 solar panels brand ToPoint 235 WATT + 10 RENESOLA MICRO INVERTER Replus 250A
Attachment not found.

Comments

• Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭
    Re: My first solar project

It looks good, One would assume you have the proper size breakers on the array and combiner box ( if even needed on 10 panels ) are back feeding into another breaker on the mains. One also assumes you have a proper grounding on the array. You could put some lightening protection in if that is of a concern to you. They don't always work, but some consider it money well spent.

Don't know if you have a metering agreement with your power company, some meters may not give you any credit for what you produce and some will actually see your production as usage, so you get charged for what you produce with a smart meter.
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    Good morning,

so far I've only connected directly to the grid without any protection, so any suggestions are welcome

How are you grid connected without protection?
  • andersondiaz
    andersondiaz Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭

The system is grounded and has a breaker.
    yet I need to execute the contract net metering.

still do not have someone to do the installation diagrams for the authorization.
    I have a meter that is analogous, only rotates back and stop counting.
  • Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭
    The system is grounded and has a breaker.
    yet I need to execute the contract net metering.

still do not have someone to do the installation diagrams for the authorization.
    I have a meter that is analogous, only rotates back and stop counting.
    Sounds like you have it all covered, welcome to the club, I was only recounting my own experience with the meter, I thought I was cool until I figured out that the meter was charging me for what I produced.

Good Luck and enjoy the savings.
  • RichJ
    RichJ Registered Users Posts: 1
    Andersondiaz:
    My panels used to be monitored by microreplusweb.renesola.com, but all I get now is a page not found error. Does yours still work?

If not have you been able to monitor the output of your individual panels?

Thanks
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,433 admin
    Does this link work for you?

http://us.renesola.com/?needlogin=1

-Bill

Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset