HOW MPPT WORKS IN GRID TIE INVERTER?

JAYMIN
JAYMIN Registered Users Posts: 22 ✭✭
Hello dear friends 
i want to know how mppt works in grid tie inverter?

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Welcome to the forum Jaymin.

Your question is pretty generic... If you are interested in the engineering design details, this thread has a pretty good overview of MPPT with links to other sources:

http://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/21891/open-solar-resources-mppt-development-technical-questions

If you are more interested in roughly how MPPT+GT functions in an installation (less technical), one of us can answer that here too.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • bill von novak
    bill von novak Solar Expert Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    JAYMIN said:
    Hello dear friends 
    i want to know how mppt works in grid tie inverter?
    In an MPPT charge controller, a programmable buck converter drops the voltage from a high voltage array to a lower voltage battery.  It does this by changing its transformation ratio (i.e. ratio of input voltage to output voltage) so that the array is kept at its most efficient voltage.

In a grid tie inverter, an MPPT circuit does exactly the same thing, except it drops the voltage from the array to an intermediate DC voltage used by the DC to AC inverter.  (The intermediate voltage is generally determined by the required AC output voltage.)