New forum software is live (2) - report any errors, bugs, or issues here.

BB.
BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
New Discussion for any forum software errors/bugs/questions here.

-Bill
Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset

Comments

• dwh
    dwh Solar Expert Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭
    Sup guys. Got an email saying I've been promoted. No idea what that means. Does it include a cookie or a slice of pie?
  • dwh
    Hah! Soon as I posted, got another email - now I've been promoted again! Guess now my pie is ala mode! Also earned a merit badge of some sort.
  • BB.
    No idea what it means either... Other than it is the "social networkitization" of forum software.

If you want to cut down on emails, you can go here to modify your notification settings:

http://forum.solar-electric.com/profile/preferences

Note, with the current color palette--The "unchecked circles" are almost invisible (at least on my laptop screen).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • dwh
    Heh. Looks I got a bunch a badges. Says I got promoted to level 3, but the icon...

Looks more like a demotion to me. :D
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭

So... can I change my profile picture?

I click on the provided button and nothing. It also just displays a 'X' box where my old photo should be on the edit page.

Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • BB.
    You should be able to change your picture... On my picture, I have a "change picture" link:

http://forum.solar-electric.com/profile/picture

And when I click, I get:

and I can click on "upload new picture"...

There does appear to be a broken image below the Change Picture(?).

If you click on the link, you do not see this?

-Bill
  • Photowhit

If I click on the picture to change it my Pop up window looks like this, the "Upload New Picture" button does nothing.

I get a similar full page version if I do it from the Edit Profile page...

v1.JPG 42.8K
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • Photowhit

I'd guess the l value "" in line 106 is a big clue! html from the page.

lag.JPG 38.2K
  • BB.
    Thank you Photowhit. I have reported the bug, and will send them your details now.

-Bill
  • BB.
    Photwhit,

From Vanilla, it appears that the non-functional upload link is an Internet Explorer only bug (presumably, Firefox or similar will work--FF works on my system).

Vanilla is planning on having a fix out sometime next week.

The broken thumbnail is also reproducible by them, and is in process.

-Bill
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    see my comment on the the thread about colors
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    edited July 2016 #13
    Bill, the box  I have typed this note in is almost impossible  to see....
    and  i Just went thru the list of new posts and noticed ( can't see) any difference between those I read and the new ones .... they all 'look' the same... as the 'read' ones

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • BB.
    Besides the contrast for background box color on "new post" text boxes--Anything else format wise?

If so, please put them in the New Forum Theme thread... I will ask NAWS on Monday to "fix" the background color (they wanted to wait a few days and address "all" format problems at once (this stuff is not cheap--and costs even more so if we keep tripping over small issues to fix/re-fix).

-Bill
  • mikek
    mikek Registered Users Posts: 4
    edited August 2016 #15
    I can't seem to confirm my email. I haven't received it. I tried to reimburse it, but it says it's already taken. It sure is. By me. Help!
    Blackangus....
  • BB.
    Hi Mike,

It looks like you are posting OK... So, I think that is working.

I noticed that it looks like a typo in your email address (bL vs bK):

bkackangus....
    vs

Blackangus

I will fix the email address and see what happens. And I have also confirmed your email address (you can setup to receive email notifications to your thread, etc.).

Take care,
    -Bill

• BB.
    Good Morning Folks,

We have post numbering. The underlying link for #16 is the same as the July 31 link.

-Bill

• BB.
    Note: There is a known problem with many threads (discussions) showing only "1" read... Vanilla knows about this.

Second, NAWS is having their web engineer working on making the New Unread Thread notification more obvious (does not have the "new" with yellow background, sort of easy to miss new threads). May take a few days for them to look at and (hopefully) fix the formatting.

-Bill
  • BB.
    View Counters are working now (no longer stuck at "1 view of thread"--"Lost View Counts" from last few days will not be recoverable.

-Bill
  • solar_dave
    solar_dave Solar Expert Posts: 2,397 ✭✭✭✭
    I had a problem this AM getting anything but a blank page, very weird.  
  • westbranch
    Bill, that 'return to previous post' issue is back...  I just opened up http://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/16182/solar-to-run-a-fridge#latest
    and it took a long time to open as it was downloading all the  pics in post# 140 and that is where it stopped , not at the last post that I had read, ie the second to last one in the list???

hth

CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
  • BB.
    It works for me (Windows 7, Firefox version 49.0). My post is where the software positions for me.

???

If you "read to the end of the thread", and then go to your link again, where does it position?

-Bill
  • westbranch
    went to the end 'now' but may be remembering the previous visit today...  will try later after a shut down.

• Thom
    Thom Solar Expert Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    I'm having an issue when on an iPhone . If I scroll to the bottom of page and choose full site I get an error message . 

Thanks  thom
    Off grid since 1984. 430w of panel, 300w suresine , 4 gc batteries 12v system, Rogue mpt3024 charge controller , air breeze windmill, Mikita 2400w generator . Added 2@ 100w panel with a midnight brat 
  • BB.
    Yes, that is a known bug and has been reported. Vanilla is supposed to be working on fixing it.

Using Firefox mobile (other browsers too?), there is a check box in the browser menu that I can click to get the "desktop site"--That still works fine.

-Bill
  • Lumisol
    Lumisol Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭✭
    > @BB. said:
    > New Discussion for any forum software errors/bugs/questions here.
    >
    > -Bill

There is no way to view new posts in mobile.
  • Lumisol
    Try Zen foro instead of this one, vanilla is pretty outdated. It's still usable but you will need to do more coding.
  • BB.
    I am using mobile view with my android phone all of the time.

If you are stuck in full site view, scroll all the way down bottom left. Mobile view is there.

For me, I had to zoom in on the link to click it. Full screen, I could not.

Or, is there another problem with mobile view?

- Bill
  • Lumisol
    There is no 'discussions' link on the mobile site.
  • BB.
    Ok, I see what you mean. Minimal mobile menu has few links.

I will report when I get home to a computer.

For now, bookmark this link. It should show all discussions (new+unread down through older posts):

http://forum.solar-electric.com/discussions

- Bill
  • Lumisol
    edited May 2017 #31
    OK, I am on the desk now but will look for this thread on the mobile and mark it. I create web sites for companies and individuals for a side line and have done hundreds of mobile sites and it becomes second nature, but if it's new to you it can be easy to miss a lot.