Putting a basic house backup solar system

SolarLakeHouse2
SolarLakeHouse2 Registered Users Posts: 16 ✭✭
Howdy..this site was mentioned on the midnite solar forums I've been viewing..So my plan is to have my shop appartment run on solar and also be able to power my house incase of a power outage..I have propane stove,dryer,radiant floor/water heater so I have what I think is the perfect house for all solar someday..I started with (8) 160w solar cynergy 12v panels,a 40amp ebay epsolar mppt controler, (4) walmart 116 ah d/c batts. Now I just ordered a 3000 samlex pst 24v inverter..I need some help picking out a stand alone 24v charger and a power panel/fuse assy..do I have enough batts? Will 40amp charge 6 or 8 batts?

Comments

• SolarLakeHouse2
    edited June 2016 #2
    This is what I need help with...My ep controller has a setup mode for flooded batts..its promting me for amp hours...is this 116x4 or 116 amp hours...Is there a place I could order a prewired distribution/power box with wires all crimped inside and say [2] 50 amp imput fuses from the panels and input/output fuses for the inverter?
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Welcome to the forum.

Stop spending money!!!  You have already made mistakes.  If you can, return the batteries and cancel the order for the samlex. Get the system designed on paper before you build it.

You have given nowhere enough information for us to help you design the system.  Are you intending to cycle this system, or is it supposed to be a standby backup system?

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • SolarLakeHouse2
    I cancled the inverter..the panels and controler are installed..i,ll post some of my power requirements here later..I think i,m correct (or close)