Outback VFX3048E

Options
I ve been lucky to source a number VFX3048E outback inverters from a telecoms project . The units are bare bones no mates covers or hubs.

My question is to operated a single unit do I need just a mate or do I need a hub as well ?

Comments

• crewzer
    crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Outback VFX3048E

A Mate is required to change the default programming and/or apply certain operation modes. If the VFX3048E is the only OutBack product in your system, then you won't need a Hub... you can plug the Mate directly into the inverter.

Here's a link to OutBack manuals. Several are available in Spanish as well as American English.

HTH,
    Jim / crewzer
  • nigtomdaw
    nigtomdaw Solar Expert Posts: 705 ✭✭
    Options

Thankyou, Ive downloaded the manual as well !
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Options

Wanna sell one or two? :-)
  • nigtomdaw
    Options

I dont know where you live but these are european spec 230 v 50 hz models do you still want one ?
  • System2
    Options

hm... that does pose a bit of a problem...

I have quite a few items that would run fine on 220X50 though...

I wonder if it can be changed Via firm ware or a crystal swap...
  • nigtomdaw
    Options

Dont even go there the price I want is far in excess of what u can buy a US unit for brand new ! If I told you that a a VFX unit retails for approx $4000
    in europe you might get my drift I bought these for approx 80 % USA best retail price in UK then + shipping 2USA for a 2nd user unit, get your $ and buy in USA shipping free you dont know how lucky your all are !

Except you dont have super fuel efficient non hybrid ,,,,,,,,,diesel direct injection motorcars. Sorry could resist the punch !

70 mpg from a non hybrid 1.6 L direct injection quiet non smoggy diesel motor !

Wake up and smell the savings ! I believe your getting them in 2008
  • System2
    Options

Yea, I'm kinna looking forward to them.

Europe needs clean diesels though! I have to blow my nose each night I'm over there, to blow out the diesel smoke.
  • nigtomdaw
    Options

Things have moved on in diesel world whilst youve been legistated out of choice in the last few years, no black smog sorry !
  • Robin Gudgel
    Robin Gudgel Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 58 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

The export models of the OutBack inverters cannot be changed via software. The transformer is totally different. These transformers are potted into the die cast case and cannot be removed. This is done to improve thermal performance. The control board is also different as is the AC board to handle the higher voltage in Europe.

I'm afraid the only thing that will make us Americans start using fuel efficient cars is the price of fuel. We like our 14mpg SUV's. You will be able to pick up a used one really cheap once gas hits $5.00 per gallon though.
  • nigtomdaw
    Options

Petrol, gas is already $8 a gallon in UK , + the goverment has just hiked a doubling of car tax on the 4 x 4 SUV types to around $800 a year strangely the SUV 4x4 still seem popular although 99% of them wont see off road activity in thier life