i want to connect 150 watt panel to the bettery

Which bettery i would select? Panal gives 21 v and i want to get power at night by better
Can u suggest me better and hall connection 

Comments

• westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    you need to tell us the loads you will put on the battery, such as lights.  The loads you wish to use is the place to start...

You will also need a charge controller  and possibly an inverter

hope this helps.

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    As Westbranch suggests--Start with your AC loads first. You need to understand them first, then we can help you size a system that will meet your needs.

Also, even though solar panels are a cheap as they ever have been, once you add AC inverter, charge controllers, battery bank, and such--Solar power gets expensive. Anything you can do do conserve your own power usage, will help reduce the size and out of pocket costs of your off grid/backup power system.

Remember that batteries last ~3-8 years (typical). And that Inverters and Charge Controllers (electronics) will last about 10+ years--So do not forget those maintenance costs too.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset