How to wire a Grundos SQflex pump to a Heart (trace) charger/inverter 220volt AC single leg output

Options
mrleemus1
mrleemus1 Registered Users Posts: 28 ✭✭
i recently acquired a HEART (trace) inverter/charger it is a 24 volt, 3K unit. The AC output is 220v single leg. Can i wire it to the SQflex pump directly  without using a the CU-310 control box which has failed.

Comments

• Aguarancher
    Aguarancher Solar Expert Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread may be of some help. Maybe Dave will see your post.

http://forum.solar-electric.com/discussion/343845/cu200-sqflex-grundfos-controler

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,748 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heart  is a Trace ?   I do not think so...  Get the model number off the pump please!
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• mrleemus1
    Options
    Dave -- thanks for your response. The pump is a Grundfos model MFS3 with a product number 96275334 and the inverter/charger is HEART INTERFACE 81-2807-24, serial number 53846, date 3592. The inverter looks pretty much identical to the Xantrax Freedom 21 series.
    Lee
  • Dave Angelini
    Options
    Looks like a good match if the inverter works. Heart and Trace were completely different companies in the 90's. When I worked in marine electronics, Trace would last over 3 years in a nasty hot humid salt air environment.   Heart would start corroding in a year.
    Trace became Xantrex and were bought by Schneider electric 5 years or so ago.

• mrleemus1
    Options
    the inverter has been in storage for almost all its life. It looks new. I hooked it up to a 24 volt battery bank - and the inverter output is 224 volts AC showing on the multimeter.
  • mrleemus1
    Options
    that 220 volts is  on one one leg. It appears grundfos MFS3 has 3 wires -- two 120 volt hot legs and a ground i assume. How would i wire it for one 220 volt ac hot leg and a ground?
  • Texas Wellman
    Texas Wellman Solar Expert Posts: 153 ✭✭
    Options
    SQ Flex only needs 90-230V AC (and anything in between) to run.  You just wire the hot leg up to either of the hot legs on the pump and put the other one to the neutral.  Ground goes to the ground.  

Good luck.  
  • Dave Angelini
    Options
    Hey Ron,
    How is life in the Lone Star?  I have been looking for a smaller version of the goulds aquarar for some of my folks.  Specifically, have you seen anything in the 240V 1/4 to 1/2 HP that has the soft start packaged with the "surface"  pump?  A home water system 35 -55 psi?