Solar Panel Issue

Options
Masterjoe
Masterjoe Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭
Well saw this morning the inverter/charger says sell to grid but no Kw is being sent it reads 0.00. 4 panels appear darker than the others and they are only about 35 days old. What could be the issue? System was fine yesterday and produced 13Kw. As of 11:30am we have produced .03Kw. Thanks for the help.
4.5kw 24v System
18 Solartec 250w polycrystalline panels
Xantrex XW4024 Inverter/Charger
Conext MPPT 80-600 Charge Controller
12 Trojan L16G-AC 20 hour 390ah batteries tied in 3 strings at 1170ah total

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    What is the Vpanel / array input voltage (Vmp-array vs Vmeasured)?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Masterjoe
    Options
    I couldn't tell you that as I am at work right now, but I called my son and battery voltage is still going down. I'm going to call the installer here in a bit.
    4.5kw 24v System
  • Masterjoe
    Options
    Talked to my installer and he said that is because I am balancing out. I told him my load is no more than it has been every other day, so why is today different. He said that is what it means. So I am not sure exactly how helpful this guy is going to be to me the next 10 years lol. I'm about ready to tell him to take the system back and buy me a 20,000Kw Generac generator and a big LPG tank. Be a lot cheaper and no headaches.
    4.5kw 24v System
  • Masterjoe
    Options
    So talked to my son a few moments ago and he said it now says 0.43 ish Kw and 1.3 produced so far, so I would say we started selling back at around 2:00pm. So here is a question that may sound stupid. Is it possible for someone to steal (if you will) your excess power? No, I am not paranoid, I have a neighbor I trust that much. If it was possible, how could they go about it, or have someone in the utility funneling their usage onto me for them? Just seems kinda odd I start producing right around the time they leave to go back to their home unitl it is time to go to their playground and party and keep me up all hours of the night the next weekend.
    4.5kw 24v System
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    In multi-family/business units... I have seen miss-wired systems where power from one unit was taken from another meter.

And people have taken power through walls from one unit to another.

If your neighbor does not share walls/AC utility panel mains/etc... I would doubt there is anything wrong going on.

Otherwise, check the meter number vs the bill's number... Also read the meter and the bill to make sure that they have the correct meter tied to your account.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Masterjoe
    Options
    Not sure what was going on yesterday. It is cloudy and raining and the solar array output is 1,900+ watts. I suppose we'll see when they come back next weekend what goes on. An electric tech came out today and installed the new net meter. Maybe the utility blocked it yesterday, a ghost used it, or aliens needed to charge their ship for the day I don't know. Thankfully the system seems to be operating correctly and that is the important thing. Last thing I want is a fire or something lol. I'm going to keep reading and learning about solar, and encourage others in my area.
    4.5kw 24v System