Need help in designing a small PV grid tie setup

Options
ortiesdad
ortiesdad Registered Users Posts: 3
In the past year or so, I've purchased ten-DM Solar 145W panels, SMA Sunny Boy SB3000US Inverter, and a couple of Square D disconnects (HU361RB), all from Craigslist. These are all brand new and still in the boxes. I'm going to do a roof mount on my home, which faces South-Southwest and the evening sun stays until just about 1/2 before dark. I'm looking for help in designing this...of course my Electrician will do all of the final hookups and then have the local licensed Electrical Inspector out...I just don't know where to go from here. Any help is greatly appreciated! Dave in Southwest, PA

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Have you checked that 10 of those panels in series will work OK with the SB gt inverter? I worry that Vmp-array is too low to work at all.

Look up the exact model number of that inverter and down load the manuals. Always a good place to start.

Do you know how you are going to make your roof penetrations?

Have you looked up the requirements for local permits and your utility requirements?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset