Midnight meter not showing full charge

Joe94
Joe94 Solar Expert Posts: 42
I have a Midnight battery capacity meter and it shows that I have not received a full charge in over a week. When I came home this evening after a full days sun it showed that the batteries were at 70%. Thinking that something was off I got my volt meter out and tested. The batteries were at 12.95v. Just for piece of mind I tested each battery individually and they all had consistent voltage. I'm left wondering if I have a problem with the meter since the batteries seem to check out fine. Has anybody else had a similar experience?

Comments

• Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    Hi Joe,

Do not know the nature of your battery bank ... Measuring SGs with a Hydrometer for Flooded batteries is the Gold Standard, but guess that maybe your batteries are AGMs. As you know, generally, voltage measurements are not a great indication of battery SOC, except for a battery that has been Rested for a number of hours.

Here is the MNBCM area on the MidNite Forum:

http://midnitesolar.com/Forum/index.php?board=14.0

Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.