MidNite Classic 150 Setup

svencool
svencool Registered Users Posts: 6
I just got my classic 150 yesterday and got it wired up and was going through the inital-setup and I ended up pushing something to early and it wrote all the data. Is there a way to go back to that point again to make sure that I didn't miss something? I've looked for a youtube video of someone walking everyone through it but no deal. I've went through the menu's and set up everything but just wanting to make sure. Does the 150 want to know what my battery bank size is? Also I have a couple of 100ah AGM batteries how long should I set for the Absorb setting I think it's set to 2:00 now thanks.

Thanks Ahead of Time :)
Mike

Comments

• westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    the simplest way to review your settings is to use the Local App go here https://www.mymidnite.com/drupal/?q=node/7

be sure to use Window IE for smmmmooooth sailing, it balks at FFox

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • Stix
    Stix Solar Expert Posts: 31 ✭✭
    westbranch wrote: »
    the simplest way to review your settings is to use the Local App go here https://www.mymidnite.com/drupal/?q=node/7

It does not balk on Firefox it works flawlessly. Used firefox from the start and no problems whatsoever for months now.
  • westbranch
    I beg to differ... I detest IE but had to use it to get the X.AIR file downloaded... used the dreaded IE and it come on board, since you can save the file without the .AIR suffix and then change it back... the latest FF version has some high powered anti virus and trojan stuff in it and it locks down tighter than a gnatts _ _ _

CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
  • Stix
    Stix Solar Expert Posts: 31 ✭✭
    I guess I have a super secret version of Firefox that it works just fine with then. I have the latest build butit worked even before that. It could be just something you added to firefox or just a bug in your system somewhere. It was effortless to setup on firefox.
  • westbranch
    I used FF for the initial install on my 4 yr old W7 netbook, but have resurrected an old XP , now W7, for my cabin use... as you said FF worked like a dream at that time, but the latest version of FF does not allow one to save that AIR file as a different type. Suggestion time I guess

• svencool
    westbranch wrote: »

Ok will give it a try was thinking about formatting my Laptop and I believe it has vista on it yet.

Also do I need to program into the Classic 150 what my battery bank size is? Also I have a couple of 100ah Deka AGM batteries how long should I set for the Absorb setting for?

I posted this on the midnite forum with no replies yet, Friday I got a chance to hook Classic 150 up. Last night when I got home and it was about midnight here in Ohio smiley.gif Look at it's main screen and where it says IN the Volts are flicking between 0.7 to 0.8?huh.gif Any ideas? Thanks Mike.....

Thanks,
    Mike
  • Vic
    Vic Solar Expert Posts: 3,208 ✭✭✭✭
    sven..,

If you are using the WhizBangJr, you will want to ender your battery bank size, otherwise, there is no need.

Absorb time usually depends upon the Depth Of Discharge (DOD) that the battery experienced in the previous discharge. Some AGM batteries need l o n g Absorb times.

It is normal, when the Classic is Resting, and there is no PV power for Vin to run at 1/2 to 2/3 of battery voltage at that particular time. 0.7 - 0.8 (V) seems quite low to me. Be very careful to not short the PV input connections to the Classic (or almost any other MPPT CC), when the CC is connected to a battery, as this can cause damage.

Are you using PV modules as the input power source?

FWIW, Vic
    Off Grid - Two systems -- 4 SW+ 5548 Inverters, Surrette 4KS25 1280 AH X2@48V, 11.1 KW STC PV, 4X MidNite Classic 150 w/ WBjrs, Beta KID on S-530s, MX-60s, MN Bkrs/Boxes.  25 KVA Polyphase Kubota diesel,  Honda Eu6500isa,  Eu3000is-es, Eu2000,  Eu1000 gensets.  Thanks Wind-Sun for this great Forum.
  • svencool
    Yes Vic Like I said very small setup 2 100w panels in parallel. Thinking about adding 2 more though. Right now they run from the panels to the CC with an in line fuse on the positive side.

Mike