Simple XW + Combox + Settings change question

Rossman
Rossman Solar Expert Posts: 178 ✭✭
Just a quick question, got our XW set up and running with the combox to monitor and make configuration changes - all working well!

i am curious if you change settings via the combox, if you have to put the XW in standby mode first, as the XW manual suggests is required when changing settings via the SCP? We are off-grid, so having to standby the XW and cut power to the house just to change a setting is somewhat inconvenient. Perhaps one of the joys of an XW :)

Thanks!

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,728 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    The last time my XW power was off was in 2010 when I gave my inverter to a client who lost his to a flood.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've never done that, What a pain to reset all the clocks and timers if I shut down the power. I've always had my system live when I've changed settings (mostly charger settings as I ramp up load on my genset)
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Rossman
    Thanks for the replies, good to know I can change them at will!
  • SkiDoo55
    SkiDoo55 Solar Expert Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    If you do find a setting that has to go to standby to change the ComBox will just let you know it couldn't be changed when you send that. Command to the device. Only place I have seen it is trying to change setting or associations on my grid inverters.
    GT3.8 w/4600W Trina 230W, TX5000 w/5000W ET-250W, XW4024 w/1500W ET-250W, 4 L16, 5500W Gen. (never had to use) Yet!!
  • Rossman
    SkiDoo55 wrote: »
    If you do find a setting that has to go to standby to change the ComBox will just let you know it couldn't be changed when you send that. Command to the device. Only place I have seen it is trying to change setting or associations on my grid inverters.

Ok great, good to know!