Cables

Options
Hello

I wanna ask you guys for a three-phase system when P=24 kW U=400V and I=34.64 what cross-section of cable I have to use and fuse to have 1.5% max losses for 95 m distance.

Thank you

Comments

• Solar Guppy
    Solar Guppy Solar Expert Posts: 1,989 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Cables

400V / 24kw / Three phase is at a minimum a job for a licensed electrican, NOT a do it yourself job with info off the internet. Anyone even thinking of providing information would be putting people in harms way ...

You will need to be signed off by your local jurisdiction, I'm sure they will require properly certified professionals to have installed with permits so start there for your questions
  • mike95490
    mike95490 Solar Expert Posts: 9,583 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Is this the AC side or the DC side ? DC fuses are much trickier at high voltages & currents than AC.

Most of us here are involved in 5KW household sized systems, and you are dealing with a system a couple of magnitudes above our experience, of which we know little about.
    Powerfab top of pole PV mount | Listeroid 6/1 w/st5 gen head | XW6048 inverter/chgr | Iota 48V/15A charger | Morningstar 60A MPPT | 48V, 800A NiFe Battery (in series)| 15, Evergreen 205w "12V" PV array on pole | Midnight ePanel | Grundfos 10 SO5-9 with 3 wire Franklin Electric motor (1/2hp 240V 1ph ) on a timer for 3 hr noontime run - Runs off PV ||
    || Midnight Classic 200 | 10, Evergreen 200w in a 160VOC array ||
    || VEC1093 12V Charger | Maha C401 aa/aaa Charger | SureSine | Sunsaver MPPT 15A

solar: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Solar
    gen: http://tinyurl.com/LMR-Lister ,

• Roderick
    Roderick Solar Expert Posts: 253 ✭✭
    Options

I would agree that it will be cheap, just a small incremental cost, to get a professional to do your connection.

However, forgive me for asking the obvious, but is there no way you can get the panels and inverters closer to the place where the electricity will be used?