?.?

Options
Hello :-)
It`s good when someone have a question and other people can help him.
So do you know where I can find electrical wiring diagrams for grid-connected system?

Thanks and Best Wishes

Comments

• Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: ?.?

www.homepower.com has some you can download
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: ?.?

Here is a block diagram for several variations of Xantrex systems...

The basics for Grid Tied systems is really quite simple... Just connect the solar panels to the Inverter. And connect the Inverter to a branch circuit (my 3kW inverter uses a 20 amp 240 VAC branch).

A grid tied Inverter will only function when the AC mains are hot and running normally. If there is a power failure (or other issue with your utility power) in your neighborhood, then you will lose power along with everyone else. And, basically, a Grid Tied Inverter will not work with a gasoline/diesel backup generator (for various reasons).

It appears that you also may be in Eastern Europe--if so (as in the US too), Grid Tied installations must be approved by your local utility, and many utilities choose not to allow Grid Tied inverters (in the US, it took laws forcing utilities to accept small solar powered systems). The Grid Tied inverters are designed to be safe (and not kill the line man)--however, most utilities do not like the idea of having your meter turn backwards (they are making power for the money).

Of course, the devil is in the details. You have to use UV rated cables for the solar panels, (following are US code requirements) wet rated wire for the exterior conduit, and the breaker box has to be large enough to handle the current input from the inverter (residential and commercial have differing requirements).

I am certainly not an electrician, and cannot give you the exact code requirements--I would have to look them up myself to be sure that I did not messing something up. And, in any case, your code requirements will be different.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset