Schneider new SW webinar enjoy

Options
new2PV
new2PV Solar Expert Posts: 305 ✭✭
HI this just got uploaded today...very informative enjoy..

[video]https://youtu.be/VlO1QwEh93A[/video]
XW6848 inverter with 2 X mppt 60 150 CC , with Canadian solar 260Watt panels 2 x 3.5 kw array

Comments

• Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would always use an XW because they are designed to last much longer in offgrid applications.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• SkiDoo55
    SkiDoo55 Solar Expert Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Options
    I like my XW only wish I could have done it in 48 vdc vs 24 but couldn't afford the extra $1200 for additional 4 batteries. Like it for it's capabilities having Grid and generator permanently wired and ready to go. Lower take losses and ability to sell to grid to maximize solar potential. Looked at the features between them both and decide it was worth the difference to get the XW.
    GT3.8 w/4600W Trina 230W, TX5000 w/5000W ET-250W, XW4024 w/1500W ET-250W, 4 L16, 5500W Gen. (never had to use) Yet!!
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,749 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SkiDoo55 wrote: »
    I like my XW only wish I could have done it in 48 vdc vs 24 but couldn't afford the extra $1200 for additional 4 batteries. Like it for it's capabilities having Grid and generator permanently wired and ready to go. Lower take losses and ability to sell to grid to maximize solar potential. Looked at the features between them both and decide it was worth the difference to get the XW.

Your point is even more valid as the cost in the third world or even really remote places on our continent makes the battery voltage the key factor in cost. Replacement cost is also right up there and with pretty common L16's in over 400AH and 1,100AH, 24V can be the best choice cost wise. I know the design life for the XW was 10 years and I was told the SW is 5 years. The one thing that really stands out is the 30A transfer switch and the XW with 60A. At least you do not have to solder the transfer switch in anymore.
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net

• zoneblue
    zoneblue Solar Expert Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Tare on the SWs is nasty, although there was some talk of improving this. Anyone have a recent SW and tested it?
    1.8kWp CSUN, 10kWh AGM, Midnite Classic 150, Outback VFX3024E,
    http://zoneblue.org/cms/page.php?view=off-grid-solar

• new2PV
    new2PV Solar Expert Posts: 305 ✭✭
    Options
    Specs show 28 watts about the same as the XW.
    XW6848 inverter with 2 X mppt 60 150 CC , with Canadian solar 260Watt panels 2 x 3.5 kw array