Tesla PowerWall

13»

Comments

• soylentgreen
    soylentgreen Solar Expert Posts: 111 ✭✭

This isn't a PGE thing.
    These are guidelines set by both the FPUC and the CPUC.

By 2017 all jurisdictions with the acceptions of Hawaii and Alaska. Are to follow the electric rules.

California just happens to be on the leading edge of establishing the electric rules, and the fed uses California as a template if the economics work.

Now power walls in 3rd world countries....
    Great idea, if the 3rd world can afford a power wall at it's price tag.

As far as a 3.3kWh discharge for $3500. I would rather stick to 12volt batteries for $1200.

First, you are making a pretty bold claim : That ALL states will enact the same NEM regulations within the next 18 months. Given that the 50 states have not had the same regulations to date for the past hundred or more years, I'm somewhat skeptical. Got any specific links that argue this will actually happen?

Next, your comment about third-world countries is quite funny!

...[lets not go here please. -Bill the Moderator]....
  • SolarPowered
    SolarPowered Solar Expert Posts: 626 ✭✭✭

First, you are making a pretty bold claim : That ALL states will enact the same NEM regulations within the next 18 months. Given that the 50 states have not had the same regulations to date for the past hundred or more years, I'm somewhat skeptical. Got any specific links that argue this will actually happen?

Next, your comment about third-world countries is quite funny!

...[lets not go here please. -Bill the Moderator]....

1-Sent links in previous post, if you would read the thread posts before becoming reactionary. We aren't here to take things personal.

2- YES my synical posts are funny when I deal with ideologists on this forum that try to reinvent the wheel, disregard impractical costs for 380V lithium batteries that discharge kW/kVa on the level of 12V AGM's. Then to top it all off, make egregious impractical statements disregarding federal electric rules, and misunderstanding that the united states as a whole is infact going to conform to NEM. Both contractors, and solar producers stay away from battery technology that does not maintain an effeciency of 95.5% for grid tied interconnection and any thing that falls below that thresh hold is a "wasted investment" that effects the return on investment.

3-I believe we can probably close out this thread before it becomes a little too personal with some of the ... reinventing the wheel, and TESLA share holders.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Lets end this here... There has been little information since the original release. Until more is known, we are not really moving forward here.
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
This discussion has been closed.