Problem with sma grid guard code

Dear Sir

I have bought two inverters from SMA,
one SMC 10000, and one SI 5048.

So i want to setting up a grid tie/off grid (backup) system. so i called to SMA retailer in my country. i asked a grid guard code to change the thresholds of the SMC 10000.

now i have a personal access code, but my sunny webbox interface has not any grid guard symbol to insert my access code.

in addition i have a sunny webbox (not sunny webbox with Bluetooth), please let me know how to use my personal access code in order to change thresholds of the SMC 10000.

it should be noted that the message "changing failed" is appeared when i try to change without using personal access code (in installer mode)

regards

Comments

• ggunn
    ggunn Solar Expert Posts: 1,973 ✭✭✭
    Re: Problem with sma grid guard code
    maskani wrote: »
    Dear Sir

I have bought two inverters from SMA,
    one SMC 10000, and one SI 5048.

So i want to setting up a grid tie/off grid (backup) system. so i called to SMA retailer in my country. i asked a grid guard code to change the thresholds of the SMC 10000.

now i have a personal access code, but my sunny webbox interface has not any grid guard symbol to insert my access code.

in addition i have a sunny webbox (not sunny webbox with Bluetooth), please let me know how to use my personal access code in order to change thresholds of the SMC 10000.

it should be noted that the message "changing failed" is appeared when i try to change without using personal access code (in installer mode)

regards

I have always done this with a laptop computer connected to the serial port of the inverter through the SMA interface cable.
  • tampasolar
    tampasolar Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭
    gfdhI just got my email with my personal code. I have the 5000TL-US. I am also letting the Summy Portal access my site vis the web. How do I make use of the codes to change my parameters when I am off-grid? Do my inverters come with bluetooth? Do I unplug the access point from the inverter and connect to a windows p.c. with Sunny Explorer? Thanks in advance
    hybrid: xw6848 pro with two mppt60, 6 kw pv
    17 cell 280ah LiFePO4 storage  14 kw
    gridtie: sunny boy sma 2x 5k
    gridtie: fronius ag5100 5k
    Gateway / Insight Local
    xw4548 backup