Forum upgrade is complete...

167891012»

Comments

• froggersix
    froggersix Solar Expert Posts: 35
    agree the software is no good and its ruined the forum.
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭
    IMO a bunch of rank amateurs looked at the old version and said 'how can we take away all the good points ?" and went ad did it...

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • Aguarancher
    Aguarancher Solar Expert Posts: 315 ✭✭✭
    Yep..this new software remains a failure and I hope we didn’t lose a valued mod (Coot) in the process. That would truly be a huge loss for all..
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin
    Marc/Cariboocoot is certainly taking a break right now... Between getting a bit tired of moderation & new software, he fractured a wrist too. Just not having much fun right now.

I too hope he comes back--But I would not give odds on him coming back soon.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • DLwindsun
    DLwindsun Administrators Posts: 34 admin
    We're looking at other forum options right now to get the forums back to where they used to be if not better. We understand this recent upgrade was a huge mistake. Vbulletin has a new patch/release coming very soon. If this new release does not fix the forum issues we will be forced to make the change. We're really sorry for the trouble this change has caused. We're hoping to get everything fixed in the next month or two. Changing the forum software or even reverting to the previous version of Vbulletin is a major deal so we're trying to avoid that right now.
  • BB.
    Thank you David... Keeping fingers crossed.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mail here is Fuched up. I think you said we had some extra space, but I guess it's has added all the old mail that had been deleted to the counted total and the counted total is back down to 50?

I received the message;
    You have reached your stored private message quota of 50 messages. You have 101 messages saved combined in your private message folders. You cannot send any further messages until space has been created.

I don't want to worry about it, don't want to loose the info in my in box.

Please send 'Coot this message, since I can't nor can I message you...

Hi 'Coot, I think it's Marc? I like the 'Coot handle,

Bill Eluded to you may be done with the forum? I wanted to express a warm heart felt thanks for all the help you have given me over the years and for the 1000's you have helped directly and perhaps 10's of thousands you have helped indirectly.

May your days all be sunny and bright,
    And may god bless you and your family,
    -Whit
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    BB. wrote: »
    Marc/Cariboocoot is certainly taking a break right now... Between getting a bit tired of moderation & new software, he fractured a wrist too. Just not having much fun right now.

I too hope he comes back--But I would not give odds on him coming back soon.

-Bill

it's more than just those things as he has found he is under the same type of scrutiny i was placed under by naws and he resents it just as i did.
  • BB.
    I am going to close this topic...

There is a new bug fix that will probably be installed in the next few days (or sooner?)... I will let you know when I hear more.

-Bill
This discussion has been closed.