First electric bill with solar!

HX_Guy
HX_Guy Solar Expert Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
$24.41 vs last year $202.74. :D

System produced a total of 1905kWh during this billing period...the house used 1125kWH for the whole month so 780kWh rolls over to next month as "credits".

The bill is a little confusing in the way it's laid out...it doesn't show the total production (I know it was 1905kWh by looking at the solar meter on the side of the house)...but basically the house used 600kWh from the grid (at night for example) but overproduced 1380kWh during the day.

I should bank enough credits going into June that the summer months will then eat up those credits and still be at net 0. I might have some credits left over at the end of the year which the electric company will then send me a check (at a measly 2.9¢/kWh).

System actually over produced by a bit (my estimates ranged from 1,770 kWh to 1,882 kWh and it did 1905 kWh) but what really helped is that we used substantially less than last year as well...425 kWh less actually. Half of that came from adjusting the way the pool pump runs and the other half not sure...it was actually warmer this March vs last March...maybe the panels shading the roof has a real effect on how hot the inside gets?

1.jpg

Planted the equivalent of 123.11 trees what! :D

4.jpg

Panel-by-panel production from the whole month. The east facing panels produce right about 17% less than south facing panels.

3.jpg

Comments

• unseenone
    unseenone Solar Expert Posts: 61
    How much oxygen did those 123 trees generate, lol? Congratulations, you are teasing me into a grid interactive tie.
  • solarix
    solarix Solar Expert Posts: 713 ✭✭
    I gather from the $8.47 "solar tax" charge that you have about a 12kW array ($.70/kw)?
    Congratulations - I applaud your solar system. With all the extra power you can start on getting an electric car now....
  • HX_Guy
    HX_Guy Solar Expert Posts: 296 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    solarix wrote: »
    I gather from the $8.47 "solar tax" charge that you have about a 12kW array ($.70/kw)?
    Congratulations - I applaud your solar system. With all the extra power you can start on getting an electric car now....

Solarix that's correct...12.4kW to be exact.

I'm curious to see how it does over a full year. My original calculations figured I'd still need to use about 1,500kWh from the grid yearly...but with the reduced usage + more production than anticipated, we may end up at net 0 or even with some extra.

Sucks that APS is about to implelment new fees on solar...