Where to Buy MC4 Connectors

Options
Does anybody have a good source for MC4 connectors? My 10 gauge UV stabilized wire is 1/4" outside diameter and some of the connectors I get through Amazon and eBay won't fit on such a large cable - some of them are real junk, too. The big solar retailers (like Northern Arizona Wind and Sun) don't seem to offer the loose connectors.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options
    CThe typical recommendation is to to buy a Male/Female MC4 cable and cut in 1/2 to make your MC4 to standard electrical connections:

http://www.solar-electric.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=mc4&cat=0

Poster HX_Guy

http://forum.solar-electric.com/member/14826-hx_guy

Just purchased some loose MC4 hardware, perhaps PM him and ask where he bought his.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    kelly wrote: »
    Does anybody have a good source for MC4 connectors? My 10 gauge UV stabilized wire is 1/4" outside diameter and some of the connectors I get through Amazon and eBay won't fit on such a large cable - some of them are real junk, too. The big solar retailers (like Northern Arizona Wind and Sun) don't seem to offer the loose connectors.
    I've never had a problem, though it's been a while since I didn't use 'use2' wire. They sometime come already compressed, likely you know, but they have a compression gasket in them. So if they have been tightened down, at all, you will need to loosen them to get the larger "PV Wire" with it's thicker insulation.
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.