what does stand for BİN ?

Options
xphysics
xphysics Registered Users Posts: 14
hello everyone,

I design some solar plants in pvsyst. And in some graph there is a unit which is bin . I just want to learn What is bin ?

Thank you...

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: what does stand for BİN ?

Here is what I could find:

http://files.pvsyst.com/help/load_probability.htm
    See also 'User's needs'
    When entering this probability profile definition tool, please first choose the "scale" or "bin step", i.e. the classes width matching your desired power range.

During utilisation in simulation, the real hourly load power will correspond to the midpoint of a given bin, randomly chosen according to the specified probabilities.
    At the first entry in this dialog, the probability values follow a default distribution. You can drag each probability on the graph, or define a given value by editor. Of course the sum should always be 100%, so that at each change all other values are modified in order to match this constraint.
    With a given range and a given probability distribution, the program calculates a "most probable" day sum or monthly sum. This is not an exact value, but only the statistical average when the number of days is increasing.

If you are in "Seasonal Modulation" mode, you have to define a profile for each season. You have a facility to copy an already defined profile to one or several other seasons. For this purpose click on "Copy", choose the source profile and select the target seasons.
    The same holds for the "Weekly modulation" mode.

http://forum.pvsyst.com/viewtopic.php?f=25&t=1773
    The horizontal axis is the instantaneous output power (i.e. for a given hour).
    The bins accumulate all the energies registered for this power along the full year (or simulation period).
    I.e. the sum of all hourly energies for which the output power was in this
    bin range.

http://forum.pvsyst.com/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=1224
    Does PVSyst calculate any benefit from Anti-Reflective Coating on Glass?

icon_post_target.gifby brentcyca » Mon Sep 16, 2013 5:31 pm
    Many PV module manufacturers are incorporating anti-reflective coating (ARC) on the front glass surface. The ARC increases the light transmission through the glass, thus increasing the current and thus power generated by the PV module.

Datasheet values would show an increased Isc and Impp, or rather, for a given power bin (such as 280 W), a higher Isc and Impp and lower Voc and Vmpp than a non-ARC module. The ARC would increase the current and power for a module measured at STC (standard test conditions), measured with a light source normal (perpendicular) to the surface of the module. I have seen figures quoting 2% light transmission increase at normal incidence.

However, there are greater benefits to the ARC in non-normal incidence conditions. Again quoting a glass manufacturer, the increase of light transmission at 45 degrees is about 4%, and continuous to increase with increasing angles. (Admittedly, there is less light incident on a module at these large angles, so there is less power generated. Also, if these large angles occur in the early morning and late evening, the solar irradiance is also lower.)

My question is does PVSyst account for the power gains for a PV module with an ARC on glass? (I am assuming no.)

I used Google to find "bin":

site:pvsyst.com "bin"

The "site:" tag limits searches to a specific website/location (note, site:www.pvsyst.com did not find anything).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset