My absence is/was probably not noticed...

icarus
icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭
I have been having a number of issues int he last year that has kept me away from the forum for much of it. (nothing terrible, but some health issues, a partial move, some travel, family issues etc). The biggest change is we are not off grid, in the bush full time anymore. We're dividing our time between the bush, Maine and the Pacific N. W. I don't think I could connect thre farther away dots!

Thanks to Bill and 'Coot for handling the mod duties exclusively. I am still on the run for another couple of months, but hope to be able to check in more frequently.

I hope all are well, and wishing you all the best of the season,

Tony

Comments

• Photowhit
    Photowhit Solar Expert Posts: 6,002 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Re: My absence is/was probably not noticed...

Be well, good to hear from you!
    Home system 4000 watt (Evergreen) array standing, with 2 Midnite Classic Lites,  Midnite E-panel, Magnum MS4024, Prosine 1800(now backup) and Exeltech 1100(former backup...lol), 660 ah 24v Forklift battery(now 10 years old). Off grid for 20 years (if I include 8 months on a bicycle).
    - Assorted other systems, pieces and to many panels in the closet to not do more projects.
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Tony, we have missed you greatly. Hope things are working out well for you. And looking forward to you being able to spend some more time here. Your posts are always highly informative.

Take care and good luck!
    -Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • waynefromnscanada
    waynefromnscanada Solar Expert Posts: 3,009 ✭✭✭✭

Very sorry to hear you've been having health issues Tony. Sending our thoughts and hopes things will improve rapidly and that one day you will be able once again to enjoy the pleasures of being off grid - - - if that might be your desire. Personally, having my health (so far at least) and being able to live independent of the grid are two of the greatest gifts one can have other than a loving family.
    Peace be with you. And yes, we have missed you!
  • icarus
    icarus Solar Expert Posts: 5,436 ✭✭✭✭

Thanks guys... The health issues we simply a coulple of pesky injuries that get in the way . I blew out both knees and have been hobbling for better thn a year, but they are coming right. This fall I threw out my back, and it has taken 3 months to get Mobil again, couple that with lots of work and the work goes pretty slow.
    I will still be in the bush (off grid) for much of the year, Ubuntu it is going to be a bit less predictable.

Keep up the good works folks!

t
  • H2SO4_guy
    H2SO4_guy Solar Expert Posts: 213 ✭✭✭

Hope you recover enough to live happily ever after (Whatever that is, hehe). Missed your wisdom and positive outlook on this stuff.

Take care,

Skip
    12K asst panels charging through Midnite Classic 150's, powering Exeltechs and Outback VFX-3648 inverter at 12 and 48 volts.  2080 AH @ 48 VDC of Panasonic Stationary batteries (2 strings of 1040 AH each) purchased for slightly over scrap, installed August 2013.  Outback PSX-240X for 220 volt duties.  No genny usage since 2014. 
  • Ralph Day
    Ralph Day Solar Expert Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭✭

Good to have you back Tony.
    My experience and observations: hobbling because of sore knees, hips, feet changes your walking gait, leads to back problems. Tough to see what's ahead in the forest for the trees (if I favour my (knee, foot, hip) now, my back will suffer in the future.

Ralph
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

Yes, did miss your comments....keep working on the rehab and if you have access to a good physio get some assessment and guidance once in a while from him/her..

Good to hear you are upright and mending.
    Cheers,

Eric

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada