Xantrex AGS -> Honda EU7000

Rossman
Rossman Solar Expert Posts: 178 ✭✭
Does anyone here have any experience wiring up a Xantrex auto generator starter to a Honda EU7000 generator? In the Honda generator manual it provides a wiring diagram for the remote control block, there seems to be five pins used (6pin connector) one of which seems to light a LED (maybe this is the generator run signal?)

Just curious if anyone else has done this before and knows already how to wire these two devices together...

Further, I was wondering if anyone has a better option than buying one of these: http://www.wisesales.com/eu6500-wired-remote-start-kit-20556.html and cutting one end off to connect it to the AGS wiring harness.

Thanks kindly in advance,
mark

Comments

• Rossman
    Rossman Solar Expert Posts: 178 ✭✭
    Re: Xantrex AGS -> Honda EU7000

The answer to this question, from Xantrex support, is:
    "For your wiring purposes, refer to a Type 8 on page 22. Also, the RunMode starting type for type 8 on page 82 (figure 37) should be of some use."

Just thought I would post back with the result in case it helps someone else! When I get this actually wired up and working I will post back with an update.
  • gww1
    gww1 Solar Expert Posts: 963 ✭✭

mark
    Thanks for the update.
    gww
  • fowlerrudi
    fowlerrudi Solar Expert Posts: 37 ✭✭

Good info! I really want to buy an eu7000 in the future. Thanks!
  • yanpoulin
    yanpoulin Registered Users Posts: 1
    edited November 2020 #5
    Rossman said:

The answer to this question, from Xantrex support, is:
    "For your wiring purposes, refer to a Type 8 on page 22. Also, the RunMode starting type for type 8 on page 82 (figure 37) should be of some use."

Just thought I would post back with the result in case it helps someone else! When I get this actually wired up and working I will post back with an update.
    Hi Rossman, I know it has been quite a while since your comment but have you manage to make it work? I want to connect my honda eu7000is to an AGS and I'm having a hard time finding the wiring info. Which wire do you use as generator run signal? Was it the led? Do you have to use the 2 relay option on the type 8?
  • Dave Angelini
    Dave Angelini Solar Expert Posts: 6,746 ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    You can probably by the Honda remote start cheaper and be alot safer. Running an AGS can lead to running generators unattended. This is a slippery slope to starting a fire.  In my opinion AGS is for commercial/industrial applications where there is a skilled operator.

On systems from Schneider that I sell, I never include the AGS. It is my liability if I do.  I make my clients sign a waiver if they buy one, and I help them.

If you have homeowners insurance, I would check with them on what may or may not be covered. Good Luck
    "we go where power lines don't" Sierra Nevada mountain area
       htps://offgridsolar1.com/
    E-mail offgridsolar@sti.net