Kid rebooting issue

Options
ZoNiE
ZoNiE Solar Expert Posts: 100 ✭✭
The third day my system was online, I came home one evening to the KID rebooting itself over and over. A quick note to Midnight yielded a solution. I had to calibrate the battery and input voltage. It was reading about a volt high on my battery. I still need to check the input when I am at home mid-day tomorrow, but the battery offset correction seemed to have fixed it. Not sure if that was because I initially powered it up on a bench power supply or if it came from the factory that way.

There is a very basic setup that is not in the manual.

It was nice to get a response that quickly, and apparently it is a recently diagnosed low light condition problem that I have not read on any of the four forums I read, so I thought I'd post about it here, as this forum seems to have the most traffic.

Comments

• inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Kid rebooting issue

Was this related to voltage drop in the CC to battery wiring or just a very badly calibrated analog to digital converter for the measurement?
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • ZoNiE
    ZoNiE Solar Expert Posts: 100 ✭✭
    Options
    Re: Kid rebooting issue
    inetdog wrote: »
    Was this related to voltage drop in the CC to battery wiring or just a very badly calibrated analog to digital converter for the measurement?

Not sure. I recalibrated the Kid with my fluke DMM and it seems fine now. It is not a cal that is normally needing to be done. It is something new they have discovered.