Off Grid RV System

124»

Comments

• ILFE
    ILFE Solar Expert Posts: 364 ✭✭
    Re: Off Grid RV System

Yeah. I had a 31' tagalong trailer in the '90s that I lived in for about a year.

I know you have a converter that provides 12vdc out. I figured you may run the ref off LPG, but wasn't sure. I was just being nosey as to what else would need such large wattage inverters, aside from a microwave. No worries.

You have an absolutely beautiful view there.
    Paul
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

Chris where are the power cables (going to loads/CC) in that picture?

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • Chris
    Chris Solar Expert Posts: 135 ✭✭
    westbranch wrote: »
    Chris where are the power cables (going to loads/CC) in that picture?

Do you mean the wires going from the bussbars to the charge controller?
    If so, they are the 2 white ones that go up, I have the Kid mounted above this cubby on my bedroom closet.

or if you meant 120 volt loads....the cotek has a line running down threw the floor that the trailer shore power plugs into. (I do have the converter disconnected and the fridge set to gas only)

The larger inverter has a line run to a dedicated plug for the vacuum.
  • Chris
    ILFE wrote: »
    Yeah. I had a 31' tagalong trailer in the '90s that I lived in for about a year.

I know you have a converter that provides 12vdc out. I figured you may run the ref off LPG, but wasn't sure. I was just being nosey as to what else would need such large wattage inverters, aside from a microwave. No worries.

You have an absolutely beautiful view there.

No worries, the only things I run that use alot of power are usually the microwave.....other then that, I have run my air compressor and saws wile building the skirting.
  • westbranch
    westbranch Solar Expert Posts: 5,183 ✭✭✭✭

OK, from your comment I should see something connected to the + and - posts....but I see nothing close to connecting to that set of batteries but a Labatts beer can , OOOPS apologies it's a Kokanee! :roll:

KID #51B  4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM
    CL#29032 FW 2126/ 2073/ 2133 175A E-Panel WBjr, 3 x 4s 140W to 24V 900Ah C&D AGM 
    Cotek ST1500W 24V Inverter,OmniCharge 3024,
    2 x Cisco WRT54GL i/c DD-WRT Rtr & Bridge,
    Eu3/2/1000i Gens, 1680W & E-Panel/WBjr to come, CL #647 asleep
    West Chilcotin, BC, Canada
  • Chris
    westbranch wrote: »
    OK, from your comment I should see something connected to the + and - posts....but I see nothing close to connecting to that set of batteries but a Labatts beer can , OOOPS apologies it's a Kokanee! :roll:

LOL, sorry....I didn't catch that, I had the batteries on my table saw in my garage at home wile I made up the cables (and drained a few local brews)

Once they were in there new home under the trailer I hooked 2/0 wires on opposite strings running up to the bussbars :D