new grid tie addition looks like its a GO!!

Im excited to announce im having 6 more sanyo 190's added to my existing gridtie array of only 4. the 4 sanyo 190's did about 1/3 of our entire electric usage during the 1st one year period it was installed. so, im hopeful that this will give us just about 100% -especially as i look at more insulation and more efficient heating methods.

I still have to sign the dotted line but i have saved up the money and I decided to go with the full 6 more to max out my 1800w inverter as I can not apply for state rebate incentives again so it made sense to bite the bullet. my current rebate incentive is about 3.50 per watt (estimate this will get me back about 37% of total cost). there is a small ($2k) grant available from a local organization, ill find out next week if i get that, i understand thats down to me and another person. fingers crossed. as we speak im finally having a roof put on that stairwell some of you may recall in pictures of my offgrid battery system , so that extra height should give me a little more production too, especially in winter, so i can look at power more loads on the sine wave inverter so we definitely should hit 100% yearly. its a dream come true, pretty excited!

Comments

• crewzer
    crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: new grid tie addition looks like its a GO!!

ENCOURAGING NEWS!!!

Here's to keeping your fingers crossed...
    Jim / crewzer
  • Brock
    Brock Solar Expert Posts: 639 ✭✭✭✭

Great news!
    3kw solar PV, 4 LiFePO4 100a, xw 6048, Honda eu2000i, iota DLS-54-13, Tesla 3, Leaf, Volt, 4 ton horizontal geothermal, grid tied - Green Bay, WI
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

yaahooo,
    this is just as exciting as you becoming a papa, but much cheaper. i know, shutup niel. :lol:
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

well one advantage over parenthood the panels wont argue with me. :) i hope it doesnt happen till the end of summer like last time. my installer does a good job but i think they take bigger jobs first as last time they pushed me back 3 times, late spring turned into october! so, they say late spring again, we'll see. Ill be mailing $ and signature next week. but i will say it is soooooo nice to have them do ALL the work: dealing w/electric co, electric inspectors, permits, rebate app, filing and the install! i would never attempt that on my own.
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭

You might want to look at this first:

http://www.wind-sun.com/smf/index.php?topic=2134.0

• boB
    boB Solar Expert Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭✭

To keep this out of the announcements section, I put this here:

I assume we're talking about the nwer part Q of the warranty:

" q) Product(s) installed in a location that exceeds Operating Conditions. "

What does "Operating Conditions" mean exactly ? Where does 104 degrees come from ?

boB
  • crewzer
    crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭

Continued discussion on the Sanyo warranty issue:

http://www.wind-sun.com/smf/index.php?topic=2134.0

HTH,
    Jim / crewzer