Solar Prices Falling

Windsun
Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
Well, we are starting to see signs that the solar price bubble is about to burst. We just dropped all our prices on panels around 4%, and all of a sudden in the past few weeks we are not seeing much of a panel shortage anymore for most. It wold not surprise me to see another 3-5% drop over the next couple of months, but no real way to predict that.

Apparently one major factor is that the bottom has fallen out of the German market, with sales down as much as 70% since last summer.

Comments

• crewzer
    crewzer Registered Users, Solar Expert Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Solar Prices Falling

Great news! 8-)

Thanks,
    Jim / crewzer
  • niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭

that is definitely good news for everybody.
  • Frank
    Frank Solar Expert Posts: 54 ✭✭✭

Nice to hear. I just got back in the house from looking at my garage roof which would work nicely for more panels...
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

But now, due to unreliable oil and gas supplies from Russia, the EU is planing a new, Renewable Energy Revolution, that could mean a HUGE surge in demand for PV, Wind and everything else related to renewable energy. It's early yet, so we'll have to keep a close eye on the situation.
    Wayne
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin

sounds like germany accomplished their task maybe. this is good news im hoping to ad another kilowatt of close to it.