Have any experience with Everbright 140w solar panels?

Options
BilljustBill
BilljustBill Solar Expert Posts: 219 ✭✭✭
I saw a deal where a 140 w, 12v Everbright panel was being sold for $164.00, including shipping.

Do you have any experience with this brand of panel?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131109199022?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Thanks,
Bill
Bill

Comments

• Wannabesolar
    Wannabesolar Registered Users Posts: 5
    Options
    Re: Have any experience with Everbright 140w solar panels?
    I saw a deal where a 140 w, 12v Everbright panel was being sold for $164.00, including shipping.

Do you have any experience with this brand of panel?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/131109199022?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1439.l2649

Thanks,
    Bill

Bill, i have 2 of there solar panels 140 watters . As you know these are chinese made which many other solar panels come from .I have similar panels in the same wattage and near specks and they look identical which leads me to believe many panels are just relabeled with a differant name .They say what the specks state so im not feeling ripped off and they do work good so far .By no means are these panels like my other Kyocera 's .For one they are not UL listed i believe and listed as off grid solar panels on there website .What i do like is how fast they ship out and in my case less than 3 days delivered by fedx in great packaging and panels had no issues.they look good, they work and the price is right . I have these not mounted on my roof but ground mounted outside just in case . But over all i give them a good rateing even though i had these for only 6 months . Don't buy into the warrenty hype, many today wont be around in 20 years ,lol .But Everbright does make some custom solar panels in the bay area that are awesome if you need some special ones made . In my opinion for what i bought im pleased with it , does what it says , no issues or problems thus far and for the price hard to beat . Notice they have some pretty good voltages to others in the 140 watt catagory , about 1 volt more than many others (Maximum Power Voltage (Vpm): 18.5v)
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options

Their home page:

http://everbrightsolar.com/

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • maggiechales
    maggiechales Banned Posts: 1
    Options

Bill, I click the link you left here and find the price of the 140 w, 12v Everbright panel is being sold for $204.990, which is a little higher than the price you provided. I see the specification of Everbright solar panel and find it is acceptable but it is not so good. It will be better if we can compare the similar products from both the specification, price, delivery and more. All kinds of solar panel are provided on the market. We need to be careful to find the most suitable one. I once went to OKorder finding my own solar panel and I have been using it now. Just find the one that you like most. Good luck.
  • Wannabesolar
    Wannabesolar Registered Users Posts: 5
    Options
    Bill, I click the link you left here and find the price of the 140 w, 12v Everbright panel is being sold for $204.990, which is a little higher than the price you provided. I see the specification of Everbright solar panel and find it is acceptable but it is not so good. It will be better if we can compare the similar products from both the specification, price, delivery and more. All kinds of solar panel are provided on the market. We need to be careful to find the most suitable one. I once went to OKorder finding my own solar panel and I have been using it now. Just find the one that you like most. Good luck.

Go to there ebay site, http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-140-Watt-12-Volt-Battery-Charger-Solar-Panel-Off-Grid-RV-Boat-FREE-SHIPPING-/131024224715?pt=LH_DefaultDomain

$184.49
  • BilljustBill
    Options

Sale date: 02/05/14 is when they came up for sale.

140 Watt 12 Volt Battery Charger Solar Panel Off Grid RV Boat FREE SHIPPING
    Item# 131109199022 $163.99 USD 2 $327.98 USD

Shipping and handling $0.00 USD
    Insurance - not offered ----
    Other discounts -$5.14 USD
    Total $322.84 USD
    Payment $322.84 USD

Payment sent to info@everbrightsolar.com

I've noticed that each "group" they put up for auction has been higher than the one before it. I think that once they saw their product had a market and price level, they keep squeezing out as much as they could get with each increase. What is more than a bit odd is that I went back to my "Purchase History" and it shows that there was a charge for shipping....so I went back to my payment receipt and it shows the "free shipping" and my Ebay Bucks I applied to the pair of panels.... (Every little bit helps...:blush:)

What will be interesting is that these two Everbright panels will be paired with a pair of "Helios 140W Grade A Solar Panel Black Rail White Backing" I bought in July of 2013. They will go for the third phase of what will end up being my 5Kw battery Off Grid system. The Helios panels are USA made, and with free shipping, they cost $230 each found also on Ebay.
    Bill
  • BilljustBill
    Options

Thanks WBSolar, Every bit of info gives me more insight to quality and companies. I believe you are right about where the solar companies will be in 20 years.

Living in Texas, I'm more concerned about those nightmare hailstorms we get 8 to 10 years... Our last one was golf ball size hail that came down a full 30 minutes....in 2008. It beat up everything! I'd just finished getting a brand new 30yr Owens/Corning asphalt shingle roof on a 16'X 32' storage/hobby shed with a gambrel roof in early January. The hailstorm came the following April. It could have been worse. To our West, they had jagged chunks of ice mixed in with their golf ball hail. To the East, old buildings and new homes with arched clay shingles shattered like glass. So, I've got to be sure all my solar is covered on the Homeowner's policy.

Thanks again for your input.
    Bill