Show me a close up of your commercial installed panels (CELLS)!!!

Options
Kellez
Kellez Registered Users Posts: 21
Hello every one, this is my second thread in this forum and i would like to see a really good closeup of the cells of your commercially installed panels. It would also be really nice to state the make of the panels. What i am really interested is to see if the cells of the high quality brands have small burns at the sides. My father installed 12 panels from an Israeli company last month and the cells have burns on them. I also purchased some cells from ebay and taiwan which they also have burns.

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,443 admin
    Options
    Re: Show me a close up of your commercial installed panels (CELLS)!!!

I have never seen burned/chipped cells in commercial solar panels (i.e., glass panels assembled and installed).

Buying "bare cells" -- You run the risk of getting "seconds" and rejects.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Kellez
    Options

what about the panels my father had installed by a professional company? they also have small burn spots on the sides
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,443 admin
    Options

What brand/model?

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • Thom
    Thom Solar Expert Posts: 196 ✭✭✭
    Options

Can u post a picture ?? It's worth at least 1000 words
    Thom
    Off grid since 1984. 430w of panel, 300w suresine , 4 gc batteries 12v system, Rogue mpt3024 charge controller , air breeze windmill, Mikita 2400w generator . Added 2@ 100w panel with a midnight brat 
  • Kellez
    Options

I'll let you know about the brand tomorrow and post a picture as well
  • SkiDoo55
    SkiDoo55 Solar Expert Posts: 414 ✭✭✭
    Options

Attachment not found.Just to toss mine in, they are ET P660250WB panels. No burn dis colorization along edges. I have 26 of these. And 20 Trina 230 watt and no blemish on those either
    GT3.8 w/4600W Trina 230W, TX5000 w/5000W ET-250W, XW4024 w/1500W ET-250W, 4 L16, 5500W Gen. (never had to use) Yet!!