Solar Jobs

Options
tom3110
tom3110 Registered Users Posts: 1
Hi all,

I have always been interested in renewable energy and especially solar energy and I'd like to get involve and possibly start a career there. I've recently seen an article on how to get a job in solar. http://www.cleanedison.com/get-a-job-in-solar/

Anyone here had a similar experience or a different one to share? I'm currently working in business so I guess I'd be more involved with that side of the industry but you need to know the basis...

Thanks

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,439 admin
    Options
    Re: Solar Jobs

What are you interested in (business side, getting in the field doing work, designing installations, repair, etc.)?

Are you interested in becoming a licensed electrician or a full 4 year+ electrical/electronic engineering degree?

Learning the basics will help you just about anywhere--Green or otherwise jobs.

Being willing to move to where the work is (and this changes over time) will be a big help too--Great for singles, not so hot if you are married/kids/tied to your present location by family.

If you are interested in Welding/Heavy equipment/other trades--Going to the oil patch(es) is a great way to make good money/get experience in this otherwise poor economy (in the US).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset