Fire Reformation

Thomas
Thomas Solar Expert Posts: 291
No more Batteries and what you see is what is there, its all on the wall now. Simple. Clean. Straight foreward.
Green wires Solar in 8AWG 1270 Watts 24V. Ground Fault/ Neg Fuse 30A. Lightening Arestor. EKM Monitor Line 1 whole house, Line2 solar contribution. With no A/C on I am spinning my meter backwards, with one A/C on its real slow, like a few hundred Watts only! Black, White wires Grid Tie 120V, 10A ACBreaker.
Link for EKM Meter [use table option to see lines 1&2.]http://widget.ekmmetering.com/EKM2/?reads=100&key=MzU0OTI4Ojc0NDc0OA&meter=14630
thanks
Always troubleshoot with adequate sunlight.  Hi Ho Hi Ho
2.3kW [10] Enecsys SMI-240-60 micro inverters

Comments

• inetdog
    inetdog Solar Expert Posts: 3,123 ✭✭✭✭
    Re: Fire Reformation

That Power Jack inverter, like all of their products, has only a CE certification, if it actually has that.
    That makes it illegal to connect to your home power grid in US, Canada, and many other countries.
    The design is incredibly inefficient, according to its own data.
    I admire your neat and workmanlike appearing arrangement, but it is not safe.
    Any GTI that has a maximum input voltage of 28 volts will limit the choice of panels that you can use and will waste power in high current DC transport from an array of panels in parallel.
    It has a nice low entry level price, but you are getting less than you are paying for.
    SMA SB 3000, old BP panels.
  • smatthew
    smatthew Registered Users Posts: 15

Clean and straightforward? I can't even count how many NEC violations I see in those pictures. Lack of bushings and strain relief, extension cords used for permanent power, unprotected DC inputs (anything metal falls against those connectors and poof!)

If you did work for me like that, I would fire you on the spot.

PS: If your place burnt down, the insurance company would point at these posts, or the charred remains on the floor, and laugh at you. They would not be writing you any checks.
  • bill von novak
    bill von novak Solar Expert Posts: 891 ✭✭✭✭
    Thomas wrote: »
    No more Batteries and what you see is what is there, its all on the wall now. Simple. Clean. Straight foreward.

The very first solar power system I built looked a lot like that. I built it in a shed behind the house, far enough away that a fire wouldn't put the house at risk. I learned a lot from that system, mainly what _not_ to do - and the system you've shown above incorporates an awful lot of those things you should avoid.
    -