12v for life build. No inverter. No PWM/MPPT.

Options
2»

Comments

• Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: 12v for life build. No inverter. No PWM/MPPT.
    That unfortunately is my experience in life as well. Furthermore, I've learned that life leads to death, no matter what we may try to change that fact.

I'm not so sure about that. I may already be dead and just too stubborn to lie down and stop wiggling.
  • stmar
    stmar Solar Expert Posts: 370 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: 12v for life build. No inverter. No PWM/MPPT.

When we bought our place the main frig was a Sun Frost FR-16 @ 24VDC. I had no experience with DC appliances so was skeptical that it would be sufficient, but 15 years later it is still our main frig. The guy I bought the property from said that it was a "lifetime" appliance, again I was skeptical but after some research I am more positive. The compressors and controls are on top and have plenty of ventilation/circulation around any heat creating components. When my inverter went down the frig was the only load on my alternative system, solar array (768 watts) and battery bank (512 amp hours), and it ran for several months with no problems and no other charge methods. With all the different options now available you should be able to pick and chose just about anything you are comfortable with so good luck in your quest.