morningstar ts-mppt-45

I moved my ts-mppt 45. now it wont work. don't know what went wrong; none of the led lights come on at all. on my meter screen it reads=communications error. I also do not have bat-temp or bat-sense wires connected.any help?

Comments

• BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,433 admin
    Re: morningstar ts-mppt-45

Take a volt meter and measure the voltage and polarity at the battery bank connection. And, if the sun is up, measure the voltage and polarity at the solar panel input connections (do both measurements on the meter connection points to make sure the controller is actually getting the proper voltages).

If you have any digital connections to a computer--Disconnect those for now.

Disconnect (or turn off) the solar array. Then disconnect the battery bank (just one lead). Wait a minute and reconnect the battery bank first. Then reconnect the solar array second. Many charge controllers will not start correctly if the solar array is connected first and the battery connected second.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset