Fronius IG Plus V 3.0 Uni State 308 error

Options
quique
quique Solar Expert Posts: 259 ✭✭
I finished installing the system late in the afternoon, 4:00pm. I powered it up and it yielded some 150-200watts. Then I powered it down to install the data manager card. When I powered back up it was still yielding 50-100watts.

Last night at midnight I woke up remembering I had left the blue Ethernet cable plugged into the card, the terminal plug and the ip switch in A position. So I figured, what better time to open it back up and finish the instructions for setting up the data manager card.

So I powered down, disconnected both disconnects and opened it up. I pulled out the Ethernet cable and switched over to B position which is for WLAN access. However I left the termination plug in the solar net socket because the video doesn't say to remove it. I closed the inverter, closed both disconnects again and powered it up. It didn't do much because there was no incoming power so it just quickly shut back down.

This morning when it woke up, it was and it's been in state 308 ever since.

What Ive tried:

1. Re-checked all voltages.
2. Re-seated all cards.
3. Removed the data manager card entirely.

Nothing has made a difference. Its stuck at startup between Sync AC & State 308. Sometimes it kinda squeezes in a "Menu" reading.

Any ideas?

Comments

• quique
    Options
    Fronius State 308 Error

I was wondering if anybody saw this post and could share any experiences with grid tied inverters and bad AC grid quality errors?

http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?22787-Fronius-IG-Plus-V-3-0-Uni-State-308-error
  • solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Fronius IG Plus V 3.0 Uni State 308 error

When I self installed my fronuios inverter I set up the wrong 240 volt and the inverter wouldn,t operate correctly. I called fronious and they walked me thru how to delete what I did wrong and reprogram it right and everything worked right then. Also you should have all dc and ac disconnected when you change cards. Page 80 thru 82 tells how to set up the correct voltage. Solarvic
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,447 admin
    Options

I moved your "bump" to the first thread.

Go ahead and just "bump" the original thread. Usually easier to keep everything on the same subject in the same thread.

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • quique
    Options

Ok I set up mine as 240vn and that's what it should be. Is there anything else I could reset?

As for the card setup, I didn't disconnect the AC/dc, I just powered down the unit.
  • solarvic
    solarvic Solar Expert Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

My inverter is set to 240vn now, I only installed the fronious display card before I installed the inverter. That way I was sure not to ruin the card by static electric. Unless someone else here can tell you how to fix your problem, you probably need to call fronious or the company you bought the inverter from. I received all the help I needed from fronious to get my inverter running right. I use 3 inverters and they have worked flawlessly for me. Solarvic
  • quique
    Options

The card works fine. It actually works whilst the inverter doesn't :-)

I've changed out my main service panel which was all but rotten. I fixed some issues with the neutral wire coming in from the street.

I still get the error.