ICP Sunsei out of Canada

Options
I was just wondering why I never see any information about ICP or their Sunsei roofing system?

I have a 15w ICP panel that I have had for several years (for my RV) but there does not seem to be much anybody has to say about them?

Thanks

Arnold
Brighton, Mi

Comments

• niel
    niel Solar Expert Posts: 10,300 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: ICP Sunsei out of Canada

there are many out there that make solar products that you just don't hear much of. some are old companies and some are new, and some are large and some are small. some even go out of business or are merged into another one. there's even a plant that manufactures cells and panels near me(within 30 miles) called solar power industries. i've never been there before as they moved into the next county from mine. i was going to apply for a job with them when they were here and called ebara, but they paid little at that time and warned me they were going to move. so to phrase your question better would be to ask if anybody has a particular company's products and how they are as compared to others. i have an ultra small 4aa solar battery charger by icp, but it is unregulated so i haven't been using it. beyond this i couldn't tell you.
  • System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Options

Thanks, I guess what I am really wondering about, who has the lowest price for equipment?

When you know a company is out there and you never hear about them, that kind of peaks ones curiosity. Could mean they are crape or over priced like everyone else :-)
  • Windsun
    Windsun Solar Expert Posts: 1,164 ✭✭
    Options

ICP has been around for years, but they never have sold much of anything besides the small bargain basement type panels. For a long time, that 15 watt panel was the only thing they sold.

ICP panels never saw any wide use except for things like trickle chargers because none of them meet any of the industry standard specs and none (as far as I know) are UL (or any other) approved.