Grounding PV structure

HI

I cant remember too well the normal procedures for grounding structures. A large structure to mount 30 panels has been erected where we are to install. I believe if I remember correctly, that a separate ground rod should be provided for the structure. The main grounding rod will be for the inverters/generator/house. Is this correct?

Comments

• lazza
    lazza Solar Expert Posts: 336 ✭✭✭
    Re: Grounding PV structure

Something very odd has happened. I've suddenly become a solar superstar from Panda and have posted a thread that I never posted- aaahhh am i sleep-walking??
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    lazza wrote: »
    Something very odd has happened. I've suddenly become a solar superstar from Panda and have posted a thread that I never posted- aaahhh am i sleep-walking??

And at least one of my posts has disappeared.
    Probably has something to do with this: http://forum.solar-electric.com/showthread.php?22572

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • BB.
    BB. Super Moderators, Administrators Posts: 33,431 admin

Yes, I just heard from "Rick" at NAWS--The developers are still working on the conversion (Rick is getting warnings about data base errors).

-Bill
    Near San Francisco California: 3.5kWatt Grid Tied Solar power system+small backup genset
  • lazza
    lazza Solar Expert Posts: 336 ✭✭✭

Hey, if it makes me an honorary solar superstar.. i'm happy :cool:
  • Cariboocoot
    Cariboocoot Banned Posts: 17,615 ✭✭✭

Okay that's twice that one of my posts (same one in fact) has been attributed to someone else and put in a different thread. This time it seems to have started it's own! :p

(I think we'll keep this up so the people working on it can see what has happened.)