SANYO 190'S WHATIS THE TRUTH

Options
i am looking into having a 2000-4000 watt system installed and am being quoted the sanyo 190's, but have heard from other sellers that the panel lack's quality and -% rating is not good any help is good help

Comments

• System2
    System2 Posts: 6,290 admin
    Options
    Re: SANYO 190'S WHATIS THE TRUTH

i would like to hear any exact bad experiences, when i specified thats what i wanted (after research ) to my installer they agreed it was a good choice. heres my experiences over the last year with 4 sanyo 190's. i understand the sanyo 190s are no longer made, you might choose the higher wattage ones and get less panels unless youre getting a great deal.

mine have been in for a year, and heres the results i just hap[pened to post 2 days ago:"
    http://www.wind-sun.com/smf/index.php?topic=1831.0

only thing i can say is that they have excellent output, and like most other panels do lousy with partial direct shade.
    they do pretty good in overcast however. my installer honors the warranty, yours should too.
  • System2
    Options

I HAVE SEEN ON A COUPLE SITES THAT THESE PANELS HAVE A -12.5% RATING AND ONLY 20 YR WARRANTY, ALSO WHAT IS A GOOD INSTALL RATE WITH AND WITHOUT SYSTEM BEING BOUGHT FROM INSTALLER
  • System2
    Options

im not sure what that rating is, and you may be right might be only 20 yr warr. dont know what average costs are, its discussed OFTEN here though so a search should definitely bring something up