outback vfx 3524, I cant get to the password or setup screen

kip martin
kip martin Registered Users Posts: 7
Sorry you guys but I am trying to learn

I am reading the manual , it says pressing and holding first two soft keys will bring up the main menu screen with sum status setup adv. When I do that I get a screen that says In , out, aux:off and MPPT bulk. I want to charge my batts with my generator but I see that I need to find the screen that says FX, CC, DC, Mate , I have never seen that screen though I have scrolled around looking for it. My mate is an outback flexmax and while I am on the screen that says In , out, aux:off and MPPT bulk and I press the 1st soft key I get a screen that says charger, aux, light, EQ, Misc., Advanced , logging , stats, and below that I have navigation arrows and an exit and go button. When I press go for advanced I get Absorb time which right now is set to 1 hour. ( is that right?? )

Anyway If someone can help me find my way to the FX, CC, DC, Mate screen I would be grateful.

Pura Vida

Comments

• Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭
    Re: outback vfx 3524, I cant get to the password or setup screen

You have never seen this screen ?? Hold the two left key's. you do have to do them both at the same time and release together or it switch to something else. From there setup >FX> Input . I don't have a flex max , so have no clue.

Attachment not found.
  • kip martin
    kip martin Registered Users Posts: 7

No I have never seen that screen. How do I find that screen? My mate always has the in, out aux. and MPPT bulk screen showing
  • Blackcherry04
    Blackcherry04 Solar Expert Posts: 2,490 ✭✭✭

That is a sum/status screen, There is a way to change whats displayed, but you should be able to get to the main screen with the two key push.

NOTE: Pressing and holding the two lower left keys at the same time will always bring up the
    MAIN screen. Pressing one key sooner than the other may lead to a different screen.

Attachment not found.

Here is where your trying to get to. Again Grid or Gen are the same unless your using a AGS.

Attachment not found.
  • SandyP
    SandyP Solar Expert Posts: 65 ✭✭
    kip martin wrote: »
    ........ My mate is an outback flexmax and while I am on the screen that says In , out, aux:off and MPPT bulk and I press the 1st soft key I get a screen that says charger, aux, light, EQ, Misc., Advanced , logging , stats, and below that I have navigation arrows and an exit and go button. When I press go for advanced I get Absorb time which right now is set to 1 hour. ( is that right?? )

Anyway If someone can help me find my way to the FX, CC, DC, Mate screen I would be grateful.

Pura Vida

What do you mean by "My Mate is an Outback Flexmax....", do you have a separate Mate as shown by the first picture in Blackcherry04's post #4??
    (Note : yours maybe black in colour)
    It sounds like you are using your FM60/80 ?