Outback FX 80 has powered down twice today.

Options
Himins
Himins Solar Expert Posts: 54 ✭✭✭✭
One time during clear skys and good sun, the second time during the afternoon light with only ample light to provide about 9 amps.
What should I look for to trouble shoot my system. It has been performing perfectly for almost 2.5 years.
The battery consists of 6@2v liberty 900 am ah telcom batteries. I have 3 strings of 2 @ 235w ea.
All of the connections are shiny clean.

Comments

• vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Outback FX 80 has powered down twice today.
    Himins wrote: »
    One time during clear skys and good sun, the second time during the afternoon light with only ample light to provide about 9 amps.
    What should I look for to trouble shoot my system. It has been performing perfectly for almost 2.5 years.
    The battery consists of 6@2v liberty 900 am ah telcom batteries. I have 3 strings of 2 @ 235w ea.
    All of the connections are shiny clean.

I presume that you had loads in excess of your solar production when the shutdowns occurred. In which case I suspect that either your batteries are shot or there is a bad connection between the batteries and inverter. In favor of the former, you have telcom batteries which are not designed for long cycle life... they are meant to be floating most of the time.

btw, your signature says you have five 12 volt batteries.

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i