Best Way to wire 4 x 12V Battery for 24V- help :)

Options
Jayboy
Jayboy Registered Users Posts: 24
Heya Guys

Hope all is well.
Please find my two year old sketch attached :)
I have 4 x 12V Batteries.
With reference to my drawing would connecting them in that way be the best to obtain 24V? They are all the same battery.
My Biggest concern is on what poles should I connect the Inverter and Solar Charger to allow for best balance through out the battery setup?
Some say putting the loads on one Batteries poles adds extra stress to it as everything comes through one battery.

And Rather connecting the inverter and charger to Poles 2 and 7 is better?
Thus feel a more balanced system to me and you not pulling everything through one battery pole.
Thanks Guys Take a look.

Jason

Comments

• vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Re: Best Way to wire 4 x 12V Battery for 24V- help :)
    Jayboy wrote: »
    connecting the inverter and charger to Poles 2 and 7 is better?

2 and 7 is good, also 3 and 6 is OK. The two green wires must be identical to each other (same thickness and length). The red wire must be identical to the black wire.

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • Jayboy
    Options
    vtmaps wrote: »
    2 and 7 is good, also 3 and 6 is OK. The two green wires must be identical to each other (same thickness and length). The red wire must be identical to the black wire.

--vtMaps

Thanks so so much,
    How is this design, attached
    Found off a local site,
    Connected controoler and inverter to the two buss bars.
    Jay
  • vtmaps
    vtmaps Solar Expert Posts: 3,741 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jayboy wrote: »
    Thanks so so much,
    How is this design, attached
    Found off a local site,
    Connected controoler and inverter to the two buss bars.

I think its a better design... bus bars are good. There should be fuses between the bus bars and the inverter and controller.

The batteries should be in a box to reduce the risk of something falling on them and causing a short circuit. If you don't have fuses on the battery terminals the cables between the battery box and the bus bars should be in conduit. Avoid any risk of a short circuit on unfused battery cables.

--vtMaps
    4 X 235watt Samsung, Midnite ePanel, Outback VFX3524 FM60 & mate, 4 Interstate L16, trimetric, Honda eu2000i
  • Jayboy
    Options

Great so with the updated config I can connect the solar controller and inverter to the busses?
    Thanks